We spent 8 days here in an Avista club room. First impressions of the hotel were very good. Staff were very helpful and the facilities were great. The pools are small but never felt crowded and had a nice atmosphere. The only time the hotel felt busy was at the restaurant for breakfast. Our room was lovely it was on the 4th floor and had a very limited view of the sea. The amenities in the room were great and had everything you could need. A few people have mentioned the shower temperature and this was the only issue we had. On our last day we did have access to a Grand Deluxe room to freshen up as our flight was in the evening and if you can i would recommend upgrading to the Avista club. The Grand deluxe rooms were larger ideal for families but in my opinion not as nice.
The hill wasn't a problem for us but is steep i wouldn't recommend this property for people with walking difficulties. This resort is ideal for families or couples but i would probably say that for the whole of Kata. After 11pm Kata is very quiet and we did struggle to find somewhere with an atmosphere, so did go out to Karon and Patong a few nights. I would stay in Kata again though.
With regards to the taxis outside. I personally think Phuket as a whole do over charge compared to other places we visited in Thailand, for example we paid 75 baht for a 45 minute taxi journey in Bangkok whereas Phuket its a flat rate and you would expect to pay closer to 800 baht for a similar journey. We did manage to haggle the price down once but most of the time they wouldn't budge. I wouldn't be discouraged from staying at this hotel just because of the taxis though.
Loved the hotel and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach