We spent 5 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed our time there.
We stayed in a Grand Deluxe room with our two children. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable. Even though we were sharing a room with our children, the room felt spacious and had plenty of room for all of our luggage.
This hotel has two buildings and ours was in the second building. This meant you had to take two different lifts to get to the room. We opted to use the paths and stairs to get to our room as this was much quicker. When booking, ask for a room with a view of the pool. We didnt, and our balcony had a view of a stairwell and a service area of the hotel next door. This wasnt a big issue for us because we didnt spend any time out on the balcony, but if you wanted to relax and have a drink on the balcony it wouldnt have been ideal. Our room was also a bit further away from the pool areas than I would have liked, but this wasn't a big deal.
As many have mentioned, the hotel is a the top of a small hill so if you are unfit or have mobility issues, this may not be the hotel for you. We personally found the location great and the short uphill walk was not an issue. The hotel is close to shopping areas, restaurants and the beach. The hotel does offer a free shuttle bus that goes to Kata beach. We did not use this facility as we were happy to take the short walk there. We walked right to the far southern end of Kata Beach one day and it only took about half an hour. There are plenty of beach chairs and water sport opportunities and the north end of Kata beach, which is the closest to the hotel, and this is only about a 5 minute walk away.
The staff at this hotel were very helpful. After out first night there we noticed lots of small bugs in the room and a rattling noise coming from the balcony doors. On inspection I noticed that the seal around the glass pain had come away from the door frame. I rang reception and they had a team of people there to replace the seal very quickly, which I was very impressed by.
The buffet breakfast was great. Plenty to choose from and very helpful staff.
Only a couple of downsides to this hotel. Firstly the restaurant and pool areas both have loud dance/pop music playing all this time. I would have preferred to been able to hear the natural sounds of the beach and cicadas as this would have been more relaxing. Also, there is not enough lounge chairs around the pool area and so you often missed out on getting one.
To sum up, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The facilities at the hotel are well maintained and clean. Staff were great and I would recommend this hotel. We booked directly through the hotel using a TripAdvisor discount code and got a very good price on the room (cheaper than I could find on any other website). We felt the amount we paid was very good value for the service provided by this hotel.
I will mention the taxi "mafia" outside of this hotel. Please note that this is not a reflection on this hotel, as it is not something they control and they did provide us with a letter explaining that they are trying to do something about the issue.
The taxis outside this hotel are expensive in comparison to ones you can pick up off the street in other areas. They will also intimidate other local drivers. We used two different tour companies who were afraid to come to this hotel to pick us up and arranged to meet us at Kata beach instead. One of the drivers explained that they had previously been followed by the taxi "mafia" and threatened by them.
We did use the taxi service outside the hotel on one occasion. Although more expensive, the driver we had was lovely, spoke very good English and was happy to chat to us about local areas.
As I said, this issue is not a reflection on the hotel but is worth knowing if you stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach