We spent 2 nights at the hotel, as part of a week long vacation in Thailand. Our room was a large, grand deluxe one with two queen sized beds, and the hotel was accommodating enough to add on an extra bed for my child.
There was no view from my room, though the hotel did inform us that all the large rooms with views were occupied. The service was good all throughout our stay, though the hotel seemed strangely reluctant to provide adequate quantities of tea/coffee/sugar/water, and instead doled them out in small quantities, causing us to have to repeatedly call housekeeping for more. I noticed this too at other hotels that we stayed at, as a part of this trip. I wonder if its a trait of Thai hotels?
The food was pretty good, especially the breakfast spread. In room food quality and service were good too, and pretty prompt.
The pools were awesome, well maintained and well staffed. The swim up bar served some cool cocktails and mocktails, though the bartender could do with a smile once in a while instead of appearing grumpy/surly all the time. I used the gym, which, though small, was well equipped - but not maintained well. I had to fix a piece of equipment myself when, after 24 hours, nothing had been done about it.
The taxi service was good, but not perfect. At one time, while we were walking back from the beach exhausted from the intense heat, the hotel's pick up shuttle service sped past us, ignoring us, despite our shouts and hand waving gestures. At other times, they were good, well mannered, informative and helpful.
While checking out, the hotel refused to accept USD currency (!!) - a big jolt/blow for us. Surely this is the first hotel in Thailand - indeed, anywhere worldwide - that has this policy. They had large currency conversion signs, and no mention anywhere of not accepting US currency, yet they inconvenienced us this way.
Overall, a pleasant experience - not the best, but good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach