We are currently staying at the Avista. (2 adults, 2 kids) in a Grand Deluxe room. We are on level 5 and have a view over Kata beach, towards Kata Noi - truly superb to wake up to each morning.
We chose Avista after reading the TA reviews and got a fantastic rate booking directly through the hotels' website.
We had a minor issue with our transfer from the airport but it was resolved once we arrived and they provided us with a complimentary return transfer. We had another very minor issue with our room key and again, the staff resolved it very quickly. The staff here are outstanding! Nothing is too much trouble and everything is done with a smile.
The staff at the pool bar (we have spent a bit of time there) are excellent, very friendly and relaxed. The complimentary canapés during happy hour are great and the bar prices are very reasonable.
The breakfast buffet is fantastic - loads of variety and things change daily so it's never boring.
The rooftop restaurant is highly recommended - authentic Thai food and Thai dancing on a Friday night. Not as cheap as eating in Kata, but very cheap by Australian standards.
The room service food is great, our kids have enjoyed the pizzas!
The hill is steep but it's not very far to go. Getting down is easy, getting up is trickier with kids but still very manageable except at night when they are too tired, it is only a 200 baht trip up in a taxi or tuk tuk.
The location is fantastic - walking distance to the beach, some fabulous local restaurants and shopping, but away from the hustle and bustle when you want some down time.
The facilities are great - our kids love visiting Jun in kids club and the pool area and pools are great, we've never had an issue getting a lounge.
The rooms are very spacious with large balconies and the complimentary beers and soft drinks each day are a lovely bonus.
All in all this is a fantastic hotel and we would highly recommend it to anyone - with or without children. We will be sad to leave in a few days, but we're pretty sure we'll be back at some stage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach