Well....where to start. We just LOVED this place. My partner and I decided to visit Thailand for the first time and after looking at reviews decided to find a deal which included this resort. Luckily Secret Escapes had a deal going so we booked. I looked at the Club Avista room which was included in our package, it looked wonderful but as a special treat we enquired about upgrading to a one bedroom suite and we are both so glad we did. For an extra 2000Bhatt per day we received the nicest suite I have ever stayed in my life (Kate Suite, 5th floor Block B). More of that later.
All correspondence leading up to the trip were dealt with in a professional manner by the hotel. On arrival, we had the most gracious welcoming from Angelique (Sawadee Krap!). We were given a beautiful lily (i think) bracelet and a refreshing fruit juice. Check in was quick, usual forms to sign etc.
Angelique escorted us to the suite whilst informing us about the hotels facilities, breakfast, pool, gym etc. When we got to the door we knew it was something special as it was HUGE, live a barn door! Angelique opened the door and WOW - beautiful suite, panoramic views of Phuket and Kata Beach, 3 balconies, beautiful lounge area with flatscreen TV, dinging area, small kitchenette with everything you need. The bedroom had a King sized with huge bathtub round bathtub filled with rose petals waiting for us. Bathroom again was massive, with ample storage space, safe, ironing board and iron, rainfall shower and everything else you could imagine. Everything was luxurious and perfect. We were celebrating my partners birthday and to highlight this they had a chocolate cake in fridge, a birthday greeting from the staff, a bottle of sparkling wine, fresh fruit and had written on the bed happy birthday in flowers. So much effort, greatly appreciated.
The housekeeping staff do an excellent job (Dee, Pu and Meaw). So does everyone in the kitchen and waiting staff (Honey). We ordered so much room service, all delivered hot and within 30 minutes, Great mix of Thai, English and some French classics too. The breakfasts have something for everyone, all fresh tasting, loads of fruit, salad, any type of egg you wish, breads, pastries, traditional Thai breakfast foods and other surprising and delicious dishes too! I found the staff to be VERY attentive, if you are polite, smile and try some Thai I think it is greatly appreciated. We left a small tip each day on the table too.
The resort itself has a great swimming pool with loungers split over 2 levels. These can get full so get there early. They have a no reserving loungers with towels policy which is great! There is a library where you can rent DVDS and get plenty of books. There is also a pool table and gym facilities (which we never used, lazy...!)
It's perfectly located for Kata beach which is shirt 5 minute walk away, Karon beach is maybe 15-20 min walk. Yes there is a hill leading up but it is small and should not be a problem for most. There are tuk tuks at the top and bottom if you really can't manage!
Plenty of shops/bars/cafes neary by. Patong is 15 mins in a tuk tuk and cost 400bhatt from hotel and phuket town is about 25mins and costs between 500-600Bhatt. Drivers are friendly and the taxi mafia has been moved on.
We would like to thank all the staff (Angelique, Lily, Honey, Dee, Pu etc) at Avista for making our holiday so memorable. We wish you all the success and hope to see you again when we are next in Thailand.
RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!! Also a little advice about tipping - a small gesture goes a long way. We left a small tip daily for housekeeping, and tipped 100bhatt for room service when they came to room. Taxi drivers and spa staff also are very grateful with a small gesture,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach