Being our 1st trip to Phuket we don't have alot to compare this to, so just going by our own thoughts.
Our family was myself, husband and 14 year old daughter.
The trip from the airport took a little over 1 hour which didn't bother us as we weren't driving.
We arrived at 12.30am and was presented with a orchid flower bracelet and a nice cold drink. Check-In was very prompt and took around 10 minutes.
Nothing was to hard for the staff and they always had smiles on their faces.
The breakfast buffet was second to none, having plenty of different choices each day.
Avista is situated on the top of a hill which is great way to walk off the breakfast, would not be suitable for someone with knee or hip problems.
The quiet location of the resort was perfect no noise from the outside.
We were on the ground floor so we did find that the room upstairs was quite noisy with the running around from the children upstairs.
The pool was great having a upper level and a lower level with a little section for the kiddies.
The pool bar had a TV, what would have made it better was if they had music videos playing matching the music.
wifi was very unreliable as it would keep dropping out, along with the electricity which blacked out several occasions whilst we were there.
Our daughter enjoyed every minute of our stay at Avista and never once did I hear her say she was bored!
The extra bed we required was a fold out bed which was not portrayed in any of the pictures of the resort, lucky she is only slightly built, as she is considered as an adult, very uncomfortable if she had a larger build!
The beach took about a 10 minutes walk down the hill to, but it was really dirty (rubbish) only went there once even though the water was really warm very pleasant.
If you wanted to go into Phuket town it does take 45mins to 1 hour so it can get expensive to get to.
Going into Patong was costing 400 Baht one way they will try to say 500 but most ask for 400 Baht.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach