We stayed in Villareal for a week with our two children in one of the larger suites. The room was very well maintained and I particularly liked the 'basement' bathroom which maximised space. We found the room to be of a good size and never felt cramped.
Phil and his wife are very friendly but also give guests space. Phil is more than happy to share his knowledge of the local area and give you recommendations. We used a bike shop down the road (which Phil drove us too) and found the scooters excellent. Although Villareal is walking distance from Kata and Karon I'd recommend motorbikes to get to beaches like Kata Noi (our favourite). Just be careful where you park. I had an unexpected walk to the police station and a 500 baht fine. Phil even came down the police station to try and get me off, which shows the kind of guy he is. Dianne, who works at reception was also helpful and great at entertaining our kids. Thanks for that!
As for food, Phil will recommend a place on the way to Kata beach which does good seafood. The Phad Thai Shop up the main road (you can walk there) is also excellent and very authentic. My one complaint about food in the area is that it has been dumbed down for the European palette, especially if you are used to a bit of spice. There is a restaurant just down from Villareal (green something) which has pretty good food and worth a stop. There are loads of places to eat including plenty of places on the beach. 'On the Rocks' is a nice place at the end of Kata Noi which does decent food for a shack and offers shade and a lovely view.
We didn't try the buffet breakfast but there are plenty of places that open. Kata bakery down the road does decent Western breakfast and Phad Thai Shop does a proper Thai one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villareal Heights is a Luxury Boutique Hotel situated conveniently between Kata and Karon Beaches on the beautiful Thai island of Phuket. Surrounded by lush mountains and facing the stunning Andaman Sea, Villareal Heights provides a unique sanctuary for your next vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villareal Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villareal Heights Hotel Kata Beach
- Villareal Heights Phuket/Kata Beach