“Spot On 😄”
Review of Phuket Chaba Hotel

Phuket Chaba Hotel
Ranked #45 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review while I'm still staying at this beautiful hotel. Everything is amazing at this hotel. Quality of food. Perfect location with complementary free tuk tuk rides to kata beach. Swimming pools are clean. Rooms aren't that fancy furniture wise but again clean and the value of money/price is remarkable. Steps away from surrounding markets. Indeed you can't complain. Very helpful and friendly staff. Free billiard. Overall it's where you want to be in Phuket. Definitely I will not hesitate staying here again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank AhmedTamerMcT

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My sister and I stayed a week at Chaba Hotel and had a fantastic visit. We had booked a bungalow for our stay- we checked in with ease and were shown to our lovely room. Unfortunately my sister is terrified of geckos and there was one in our room- i called reception and they could not have been more helpful. We were shown to another room with no trouble at all. Throughout the stay the reception staff were brilliant- I suffered a terrible bad back and Pan was on hand to lend me some cream to help and direct us to the local pharmacy. Overall, the staff could not do enough to help us, the rooms were spotless and the stay was heavenly. We would definiately recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here 38 nights this year and 35 nights last year, and Im sure I will come back to Chaba. Nice room, good cleaning, friendly staff, nice breakfast and food in restaurant. Always very good service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights just a few weeks ago. It was a really lovely stay - quiet, great location (approx. 7mins walk to beach) and the pool/garden area is exactly like the photos! Air con in rooms, balcony in certain rooms (we requested an upgrade on arrival and this was done with minimum charge), room service... all in all a great stay!
The restaurant on site is fantastic - we ate there every night as they had all Thai dishes for only 99baht (approx. $3.50NZD). The staff were professional and it was great service.
Reception staff were also really helpful, and helped us with our tour bookings. Would not recommend booking tours through the hotel though as the price is almost double what you can get directly through the companies.
The pool 'closes' at 9pm however we stayed out there past 9pm and we just really quiet and the staff had no issues with that.
Would highly recommend for a peaceful, luxurious stay at Kata!

Room Tip: Note that not all superior rooms have balconies - make sure you ring/email to check before you go or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nelle1_12
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stated here with friends whilst in Phuket for a friends wedding. The hotel was ideal for us. A few of our wedding party stayed here for 6 nights whilst in Phuket. We has a great time. On our first evening we gathered a group of 15-20 people for drinks and a catch up as we had all travelled from different areas of the world to meet for the wedding. We drank at the pool bar and the staff were extremely good in looking after us. Especially as I don't think they were expecting a large group of people to be drinking until midnight! Our rooms were perfectly comfortable and all with air conditioning which was great in the sticky heat of Phuket. The rooms were clean and well serviced. We booked bed and breakfast. We didn't have breakfast every day but it was very acceptable offering a range of Thai and British breakfast choices. The pool area was nice and good to sun bathe. The staff were all wonderful and looked after us very well. On our last morning we missed our taxi to the airport and they arranged another straight away for us and we made it on time for our flight!! The hotel is in a good location just a few minutes from the bars and restaurants of Kata. I would defiantly stay here again. Well done Chaba Hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is the fourth time I've stayed at Chaba and felt compelled to write another review. I booked in May for 3 weeks via Agoda and got a really good deal, when I arrived at the hotel I was upgraded from a Superior Double Room to a Studio, I was extremely happy with this. The Studio is huge and has a small kitchenette and an in room safe. The quality of staff and services has never disappointed, the front desk and other staff are always helpful and look after their guests. I forgot my wallet in the safe when I left to fly back to the UK, I called the hotel when I got home and they sent it to my address straight away. It was relatively quiet throughout my stay which was good. Also, the military imposed Marshall Law and a curfew was in force between 22:00 - 05:00 throughout the country, however, this did not affect Phuket and the only downside was that you had to be in your residence between this time. Other than that, it was business as usual (they have now lifted the Curfew in Phuket completely at the time of me writing this). The weather was fantastic, only a few showers, not quite typical for the start of low season. Kata beach wasn't crowded and there were plenty of places to sunbath, although, as it was quiet in the Hotel I was at the pool most days. The Hotel is good for everyone from singles to families. They've now have a small fitness centre / gym which is really good, as well as a pool table, big screen TV for movies etc (handy for children I guess). If you want a very good standard Hotel with lots of amenities and exceptional staff, stay here. You won't be disappointed; I'll be coming back for sure.

Room Tip: Suite overlooking the smaller of the two pools
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

There is excellent Swimmingpool plus additional for children, with nice restaurant and garden. Breakfast is also delicious, with selection of Thai and European dishes. Place is clean as well and staff polite. Beach is not really near, but they provide free riksa. Basic rooms are very small, so it's recommend to go for bigger.

Room Tip: Pay more and take room with balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
#42 of 55 in Kata Beach
The Blue Pearl Kata Hotel
The Blue Pearl Kata Hotel
#34 of 55 in Kata Beach

Been to Phuket Chaba Hotel? Share your experiences!