“OK for the price”

Ranked #17 of 61 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Saranac Lake
“OK for the price”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Average place to stay in Phuket. On the plus side, room was clean, some staff helpful. Concerns were noise at night, quite distracting. TV movie channel went out in use and promises to fix were not done. Sink dripped and was not fixed after referral. Would pay more stay somewhere else. Path to the beach was gross.

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Rijeka, Croatia
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Fair hotel, nothing special but ok! Rooms are quite spatious, location is not quite it the center but walking you are there in 10 minutes. Taxi driver will maybe have some hard time finding a hotel so bring a detailed map! The bathroom need an improvement. The shower was old and rusty!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 25 December 2012

we stayed 2 firts nights there, we liked hotel, rooms were ok. But the view wasn*t so good,another hotel stonewall. to the sea 5 minutes walk.everywhere was shops and eating places.
Free wifi was great. Hotel restaurand was boring, no service, we waited and waited...nobody didnt came :-(

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Revelstoke, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights, good location 5 min walk to the beach, some good places to eat near by - didnt eat in hotel restaurant. Local night market 3-4 min walk - some great bargains and cheap food. Beds are comfy, air con good, hot showers and rooms are quiet minimal noise from outside. Free wifi - good connection. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Becky_91
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This is one of the many "normal" inns available in the area.
I was assigned to the "B" building and the rooms there are clean and seem to be quite new.
Overall, we paid a fair price but I believe there may be cheaper alternatives around... as this was my first time in the area, I cannot really compare this place to others but seems a safe choice if you want clean, reasonable big rooms in good conditions.
Note: even if it isn't too noisy, music from the pub area does get all the way to the hotel and if you are "sound sensitive" as I am, it may be an issue if you want to get some sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while in Kata beach for 530 baht/night in October 2012. Phuket can be very pricey, so this price for a large superior room, close to the beach is very good. (sawadee.com)

The first thing I noticed about the room was the large windows opening on to a long balcony. It makes the room bright and open. They contain a large bed, desk with chairs, air con, a 28 " TV, mini bar, wardrobe, phone, safe and bathroom.

The air con was powerful and it felt great to come back to after the heat I experienced in Phuket. It is close to the market, 7-eleven, many massage shops, bars and clubs and the beach.

The staff I saw were great and offered advise on what to do in the area. The onsite restaurant seemed fine, I only had breakfast there once but there is a wide menu for lunch and dinner. They have another outdoor restaurant further down the road, around 20 mins walk way.

Overall, my stay was enjoyable. If staying in Kata - I would recommend as it has everything one needs, is close to amenities and is good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Delhi
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I'm living a nightmare. I checked into Outdoor Inn at Kata, Phuket, on October 6 for 2 nights and a huge chunk of my money got stolen on October 7 -- 20,000 Baht and US$100.
I count my money twice every day--once when I wake up and then before going to bed. I kept 40,000 Baht and $300 in the automatic safe of my room (301). On the 7th of October, at about 4pm, the safe just wouldn't open. So I called up the reception and was told by the front desk that someone would attend to it shortly. No one turned up. So after about 15 minutes, I personally went down to check and the lady told me someone just left for my room. So I hurried back to find two Thai men outside the room. I let them in after they told me they were there to fix the safe. For about 15 minutes they tinkered with the safe without much headway. I stood there throughout the operation. I just went to the washroom for about two minutes and upon returning, saw they had opened the safe. I immediately took my belongings from there. The duo claimed the safe had run out of battery and one of them went to fetch fresh cells. But somehow, the safe never worked after that with my password. It always worked with the password provided by them (1234 A). When they left, I recounted the money and saw I had been shortchanged by 20,000 Baht and $100. Clearly, they had filched the money while I was in the loo. They were waiting for a distraction from my end -- a thing that could be done in 2 minutes took 30 minutes!!
I raised an alarm but the hotel management claimed they couldn't do much despite having CCTVs. Even the 2 guys who stole my money were grinning from ear to ear. I even filed an FIR with the Chalong Bay Police Station the next day (a good 20 minutes drive).
Remember, in Thailand, justice is only for the Thais. Despite its touristy demeanour, when foreigners are in genuine trouble, their legal system never favours an outsider (India is so fair).
Anyway, theft is rampant in this property. I made the mistake of not paying heed to a previous review on a website which clearly stated why this property needs to be avoided like the plague. NEVER BOOK HERE.....THIS PLACE WILL RIP YOU APART!

Room Tip: Avoid any kind of stay here if you want your money safe.