Worth every penny and exceeded my expectations in every way!
My partner, myself and my elderly parents stayed in a 2 Bedroom Ocean View Villa and were blown away with the service. What you can't gain from the website is how well the employees are trained and what an exceptional experience they deliver-- consistently. We spent 3 weeks in Thailand staying at 5 Star hotels and the service we were given at The Shore blew the others out of the water. Jimmy, the cart driver, always had a smile and even remembered our names! Vivi taught a Thai Language Class (complementary) and did a great job!
Breakfast is at the buffet or it can be delivered to your room (at no additional charge), if ordered by 9pm the night before... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! You choose a 15 minute window and it's delivered exactly on-time, every time! What a treat! If you want something that's not on the menu, just ask!
The views and rooms are even better than the website depicts. Our 2 Bedroom Villa was perfect for our family, as it provided lots of room and an excellent floor plan. Time to be together and privacy to be apart.
If I had to complain about one detail it would be the mini bar. It's a pet-pieve of mine in some 5 star hotels that are a bit behind in their thinking. It usually goes like this.... We just spent $1,200 USD per night for 6 nights. At check-out we are asked if we took anything from the mini-bar (like a Coke that maybe cost 50 cents). Our answer is no. Followed by a sigh, as our 5 Star Service has just been deflated. Despite excellent service by the staff, management has let us down with an out-of-date policy of nickle-and-diming us.
A few tips:
1) We ate at Mom's Tri Kitchen. It's a 15 min walk down the beach or a short cab ride. It was just OK and not as good as the TripAdvisor Reviews.
2) Our favorite restaurant was Bella Vista Restaurant at Villa Elisabeth! It's a 7 minute cab ride away. Beautiful views, outstanding food. We went back 2 times!
3) We ate at La Scala (Italian) at the Katathani and were very disappointed. Alternately, we ate at Cinnamon Restaurant, also at the Katathani, and it was quite good.
4) If you are traveling in high season (December-June) book your tours several months in advance, esp. Phi Phi. The highly rated companies with smaller groups fill up fast.
5) We used the airport transportation offered by The Shore and were very happy. On-time, very comfortable, large, air conditioned van for the 1 hour drive to/from Phuket Airport.
Thanks to the wonderful staff for treating us so well. The Shore delivers the Best Service in Thailand. Kob Khun Krup!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach