I'll start off by saying The Shore was not my first choice but this is where my friends wanted to stay to that was that. We arrived at the hotel late at night (around 10pm) as our flight from Bangkok was delayed. Welcome/check-in service was courteous but nothing special and the lobby itself looks a bit rough around the edges. We were shown to our room about 15 minutes later via golf-carts with our Room Boy as our guide. I wish I remembered his name for he was the highlight of our trip - extremely funny, friendly and professional guy. Excellent service standards.
As soon as I walked into the room I was kinda taken aback. First: The view is truly spectacular but even more so the sounds... The combination of waves breaking and rain dropping surely made for a magical nights sleep. Second: They did the room up as if we were on honeymoon which made for some laughs as I was traveling with a plutonic friend. The room itself is very nicely decorated and in a Martha-Meets-Thai kind of way.
The beach, Kata Noi, is absolutely breathtaking. Beautiful colour, perfect temperatures and some fun surf. The pools are also quite comfortable. Food and drink, however, is a major miss. Aside from the fresh fruit offered at breakfast I can't think of a single thing that struck me as being delicious. It was all either 'meh' or 'ugh god awful.' Services at the Serenity Spa were also below average. The attendants were all of course very sweet and courteous (as is the norm in Thailand) but the product offered was just not up to 5-star standards.
Had the rate not been approaching $1000 per night my expectations may not have been so high and I may have left the hotel not feeling cheated. This hotel definitely needs to lower its rates to meet the product offered or up its service and product level to make it worth the prices. Until then I won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach