Katathani Shores is part of hotel complex in Kata Beach and is the most southernly situated hotel at the end of the beach overlooking the beach from a hilltop. the rooms are absolutely breathtaking and include a personal infinity edge pool and sunken sitting area adjacent tot he pool. The wall facing the beach is glass and fully retractable for a spectacular view and feel. I can see. I would guess that there are about 25 of these suites and all occupants have access to the Katathani resort a few hundred yards down the beach.
The pool area is elegant and while the hotel was well booked we never ran into more than one or two couple in the common areas. To that point this is most definitely a couples place. The staff was friendly and I was happy with my stay.
The down side is that the food at the hotel was just not good. I am not so mean spirited to say it was bad but I might have stayed in the room my entire stay if not for the poor food. It was easily remedied by going just down the beach to Mon Tri's kitchen (trust me the name sounds hokey but its fine dining in a casual atmosphere)
The other problem was the sun....none of the beautiful personal pools got direct sun at all, not in the morning or the afternoon. You can however go down tot he pool and get all the sun you want so this too is easily remedied. the last problem (for me) was location. Kata Beach is about 30 south of Pa Tong and that is where the real action was.
If you are on your honeymoon and you want to be alone this might be the perfect place for you but if you want to be near any nightlife I would have to say to stay at one of the gated hotels in Pa Tong. I assure you that you will not be disappointed with this hotel but there are much better options for the price.
Glad I went there? Yes.
Would I go back? No.
Would I recommend it to somebody else? It would be hard to based on the other options. if you want to be in the secluded cove but want to be a little closer to town and have sun on your patio try the Villa Royale. If you are looking for any nightlife Pa Tong has a ton of options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach