“Every time Perfect.”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Tokyo, Japan
“Every time Perfect.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed 10 times this hotel.
This hotel staff is percent. (Good smile good hosting )
And very beautifull room. We are happy every stay
And beach is No beach in Phuket. Very beautifull.
Morning buffe is getting better when I come again

2 Thank Kumakumachan
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Kumakumachan,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this review.
It is always a pleasure to have you here with us. Your positive comments regarding our establishment and staff, I will be forward it to them.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you “aShore” for the next ten visits.

Resort Manager & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'm the pickiest person when it comes to hotels. Also I never do a review, I just read them. But if you are staying in south Phuket, you must stay at this property. It is amazing in every area! I seriously can't say enough about this place. Forget anything else you were planning and go here. Pick a pool villa and enjoy!

2 Thank cjoygo
Dear cjoygo,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this review.
I am happy to read that you had an amazing stay. Regarding your good comments about our staff, I will let them know. Indeed our Seaview Pool Villas have an amazing view. Thanks again that you choose to stay here at the Shore with us. It was a pleasure to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you “aShore” in the near future.

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Resort is amazing & so beautiful. The staff are wonderful, very helpful & professional.
the views, the food, the rooms are breathtaking. We were here for 12 days for our honeymoon & everyday was more wonderful than the last. You will not be disappointed. I want to get married again to go back!! I went to the Serenity SPA 3 times while I was here & it was fantastic.
Was sad to leave & say goodbye to some very beautiful people. We will never forget how they all made our honeymoon the best time of our lives.. XOXO

1 Thank Jaime H
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Jaime H,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this amazing review.

I am glad that you had a perfect honeymoon. Your comments regarding our staff, please be assured, that I will let know.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed at The Shore at Kathatani for just a night after a week at Koh Yao. We actually spent one night at the adjacent Kathatani Beach Resort and then upgraded to a sea room villa at The Shore and I can't give it enough praise.

The views are stunning and the room (8893) is beautifully appointed - it has a great beach house vibe. The decorations and furniture are understated and classy. The private pool is large and both the indoor and outdoor seating areas are great. The lounges at the side of the pool are the best place for watching a sunset with a glass of proseco.

Finally, the staff was accommodating and displayed the usual sweet Thai demeanor. The greeting was warm and welcoming (especially the wishing ceremony). As we were checking in they arranged for in-room breakfast since we had to leave early the next day.

My wife and I travel a lot (whether for business or pleasure one of us is on the road almost half the year) and The Shore has shot close to the top of our list of favorites (nothing can unseat Udaivillas).

We'll be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea room villa with a private pool - you won't regret it when you see the view.
1 Thank GriffinSingapore
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear GriffinSingapore,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this beautiful review.
I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Regarding your comments about the staff, please be assured that I will let everyone know. It was a pleasure for us, to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Myself and my wife just came back after spending 4 magical nights at the Shore , it is difficult to begin mentioning all the splendid things and moments we experienced at the Shore

The views are stunning to say the least , the staff along with their ever existing and lasting smiles are in comparable with a lot of other hotel staffs i have encountered , I am not going to start mentioning names , as it would be a travesty and absolutely unfair on a lot of those whose names i will fail to recall , from the reception , to the golf cart drivers , the guards , the restaraunt teams , i cannot thank or appreciate them enough

We were celebrating our anniversary and they were ever so kind to arrange a magical romantic dinner by the beach side in their restaurant Harbour

My wife experienced and immensely exhilarating and soothing Spa and she was speaking very hight of the entire team at the Spa

For sure , it is heavy on the pocket , but well worth it if you can save it for a special occasion

If you ask me personally , and if you happen to be a frequent business traveller and have the opportunity to stay at the Mandarin , the Penninsula , or Shangrila etc , you may find the room set up , the lobby and other areas a little off beat , but then this is not that type of a hotel , it is in a different category altogether

All in all a truly memorable time spent and my congrats and profound thanks to the entire team and management at the Shore

Looking forward to coming back soon

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are recommended for a quieter and more private and secluded time , the ones...
1 Thank Ali D
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Ali D,

Thank you for your glowing review on TA. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Shore. I’m glad that the staff was able to make you and your wife feel taken care of, and give you a relaxing and romantic experience. This is exactly what we hope to provide for every guest who stays with us. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back “aShore” very soon!

Sincerely

Guildford
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Dont be disappointed by the somewhat basic reception building upon arrival. The villas are incredible. Very nicely put together with plenty of space, lovely semi outdoor bathroom and lovely outdoor space with infinity pool with a view that you dont want to leave. I have to admit we asked to change rooms as our view was slightly obscured. In the process i lost a ring of great sentimental value to me. The staff found it a couple of days later and seemed genuinely as happy as me. They are wonderful. Miss Puu makes fantastic towel animals - loved the monkey, and Paul the buggy guy was great and always seemed to be on hand to run us around. Try breakfast in your room . (some nasty man got very annoyed on our first day when i didnt realise a ruffled napkin meant he had baggsed the table. You know who you are!) better to stay in your villa and enjoy the wonderful view. As a real contrast we really liked the couple of bars/restaurants on the beach. Friendly staff at the one a little bit along the beach with cheap good food and reasonably priced reasonably tasting white wine when you have had enough of the Singha As people have said its not a private beach so dont be confused when you have to pay for beds. Beautiful white sand and warm clear sea though. We really liked Mom Tris. European prices but great food and location. They will send a car for you. We ventured into Kata a couple of times. Yes it's a bit lairy but harmless and you appreciate the calm of the hotel afterwards. Bottled out of making it to Patong though! Genuinely sad to leave to head off to the Sarojin in Khao Lak as well as being somewhat nervous as to whether it would measure up. It did. Different, but a good combo of hotels within 90 minutes of each other. We are well seasoned picky travellers and we loved the Shore. I really do think it's hard to fault. Wish I was back there!

2 Thank Emma131
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Emma131,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Shore.
It was a pleasure for us to have you had here, and we are very happy that you had an outstanding stay.
Your compliments towards our staff are very much appreciated and will be shared with everyone.
We all wish you a wonderful time back home and hope to welcome you soon back “aShore” for another romantic stay!
Sincerely yours
shanghai
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a fabulous villa high up on the hill, with the best hotel view I've ever had. The pictures on the website for once don't over promise. The resort is on a steep hill, so you get around either through a rabbit warren of steps or via the very convenient golf buggys.
The clientele are a mix of ages and nationalities with nothing predominant. We expected it to be awash with honeymooners, but it isn't the case. We are on a few days 'escape' having left our 3 kids in the care of their visiting grandparents in Singapore and the absence of children in the resort is blissful if you are used to calls of 'Mummy!..... Daddy!....." The resort feels vary calm, small but spacious and the main sound you will hear is of the waves on the beach.
The beach is one of the best in Asia - lovely fine sand and very clear azure, warm water. IT's not a private beach but nor is it at all crowded. Lovely.
The villas were really to our taste - refreshingly NOT dark teak and modern lines associated with almost every hotel or villa in Asia. Instead, a claw foot bath and antique style bathroom with predominant whites and muted earth colours. Very clean, crisp and relaxing, rather than feeling clinical. The pool at the villa is wonderful and bigger than we expected.
Breakfast is served until 11 and is a decent sized buffet. It's not go the range and choice of a Grand Hyatt, but the hotel isn't that big. There's a good choice of what you'd expect - breads and pastries, fruit, juices, pancakes an egg station and some bacon and sausages.
Don't come here expecting much nightlife - this is peace and quiet territory. There is a bar that is open late, but it's a place to relax and have a chat, not to make new friends or have a laugh. You will want to have dinner our of the resort probably - we went to Mom Tri's (don't bother), The BoatHouse (OK) and twice to a small Thai restaurant called Sugar and Spice. The latter was our favourite by far.
Kata itself is crappy. There's nothing glamorous or particularly interesting. It's a shame there aren't some fun, swanky or cool beach bars like in Bali or Koh Samui from 15 years ago, but that's not what the majority of tourists are here for apparently. Expect those dreadful fish foot massage places, awful 'tailors' and tourist tat shops. Apart from venturing out of the resort for food, be content with staying put in the peace and serenity of The Shore.
We'd definitely recommend for a wonderful time to connect or reconnect with someone you love.

Room Tip: We had 8843 high up. It's more of a 'trek' to get to but is very private and you get qu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear mhshanghai,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this stunning review.
I am glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you here with us.
Your kind comments regarding our restaurant and housekeeping make me really happy to read and I will let all the departments know about it.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and I hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#2 of 322 in Patong
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 96 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!