“The ultimate in luxury for couples” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Shore at Katathani

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“The ultimate in luxury for couples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you're considering a getaway with your significant other, and have been looking for a clean, comfortable, safe resort for your stay - then look no further.Going from Patong to Kata is like going from downtown LA to Beverley Hills.The contrast is incredible - you go from being in a scene from 'The Hangover PT II' to a safe, luxurious safe haven. You are greeted by Katathani security every 10 meters or so and they are without a doubt the nicest people I've ever met. As you work your way through Katathani (which feels more like a massive estate to me) you finally reach The Shore - it's the exclusive, special part of Katathani. As soon as any staff in the area realize that you're staying at the shore, their eyes light up and offer you their best service. If you want to be treated like a King and Queen, stay at The Shore. If you want to enjoy an amazing breakfast every day, complementary afternoon treats, some of the better coffee in the region - stay at the shore. If it's your first time to Thailand and you feel a bit uneasy about it and you want a paradise retreat to take it at your own pace - definitely stay at the shore. If you love sunsets, relaxation, and top of the range facilities – stay at The Shore. You can also grab complementary snorkeling gear if you're into that type of thing. My girlfriend and I had the best holiday we've ever experienced here. Everything they do, they +1 it with something 'extra' - that's what we loved the most.

Room Tip: 8873 is by far the best room in this place. Request it and never look back. 8816 is the best non-s...
2 Thank c0sier
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear c0sier,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this great review and your overwhelming compliments.
It was a pleasure to have you here with us. I am glad that you fully enjoyed your stay.
Regarding our security please be assured that I will pass your comments to all of them.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed 10 times this hotel.
This hotel staff is percent. (Good smile good hosting )
And very beautifull room. We are happy every stay
And beach is No beach in Phuket. Very beautifull.
Morning buffe is getting better when I come again

2 Thank Kumakumachan
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Kumakumachan,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this review.
It is always a pleasure to have you here with us. Your positive comments regarding our establishment and staff, I will be forward it to them.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you “aShore” for the next ten visits.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'm the pickiest person when it comes to hotels. Also I never do a review, I just read them. But if you are staying in south Phuket, you must stay at this property. It is amazing in every area! I seriously can't say enough about this place. Forget anything else you were planning and go here. Pick a pool villa and enjoy!

2 Thank cjoygo
Dear cjoygo,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this review.
I am happy to read that you had an amazing stay. Regarding your good comments about our staff, I will let them know. Indeed our Seaview Pool Villas have an amazing view. Thanks again that you choose to stay here at the Shore with us. It was a pleasure to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you “aShore” in the near future.

Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Resort is amazing & so beautiful. The staff are wonderful, very helpful & professional.
the views, the food, the rooms are breathtaking. We were here for 12 days for our honeymoon & everyday was more wonderful than the last. You will not be disappointed. I want to get married again to go back!! I went to the Serenity SPA 3 times while I was here & it was fantastic.
Was sad to leave & say goodbye to some very beautiful people. We will never forget how they all made our honeymoon the best time of our lives.. XOXO

1 Thank Jaime H
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Jaime H,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this amazing review.

I am glad that you had a perfect honeymoon. Your comments regarding our staff, please be assured, that I will let know.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed at The Shore at Kathatani for just a night after a week at Koh Yao. We actually spent one night at the adjacent Kathatani Beach Resort and then upgraded to a sea room villa at The Shore and I can't give it enough praise.

The views are stunning and the room (8893) is beautifully appointed - it has a great beach house vibe. The decorations and furniture are understated and classy. The private pool is large and both the indoor and outdoor seating areas are great. The lounges at the side of the pool are the best place for watching a sunset with a glass of proseco.

Finally, the staff was accommodating and displayed the usual sweet Thai demeanor. The greeting was warm and welcoming (especially the wishing ceremony). As we were checking in they arranged for in-room breakfast since we had to leave early the next day.

My wife and I travel a lot (whether for business or pleasure one of us is on the road almost half the year) and The Shore has shot close to the top of our list of favorites (nothing can unseat Udaivillas).

We'll be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea room villa with a private pool - you won't regret it when you see the view.
1 Thank GriffinSingapore
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear GriffinSingapore,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this beautiful review.
I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Regarding your comments about the staff, please be assured that I will let everyone know. It was a pleasure for us, to have you had here.

Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Myself and my wife just came back after spending 4 magical nights at the Shore , it is difficult to begin mentioning all the splendid things and moments we experienced at the Shore

The views are stunning to say the least , the staff along with their ever existing and lasting smiles are in comparable with a lot of other hotel staffs i have encountered , I am not going to start mentioning names , as it would be a travesty and absolutely unfair on a lot of those whose names i will fail to recall , from the reception , to the golf cart drivers , the guards , the restaraunt teams , i cannot thank or appreciate them enough

We were celebrating our anniversary and they were ever so kind to arrange a magical romantic dinner by the beach side in their restaurant Harbour

My wife experienced and immensely exhilarating and soothing Spa and she was speaking very hight of the entire team at the Spa

For sure , it is heavy on the pocket , but well worth it if you can save it for a special occasion

If you ask me personally , and if you happen to be a frequent business traveller and have the opportunity to stay at the Mandarin , the Penninsula , or Shangrila etc , you may find the room set up , the lobby and other areas a little off beat , but then this is not that type of a hotel , it is in a different category altogether

All in all a truly memorable time spent and my congrats and profound thanks to the entire team and management at the Shore

Looking forward to coming back soon

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are recommended for a quieter and more private and secluded time , the ones...
1 Thank Ali D
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Ali D,

Thank you for your glowing review on TA. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Shore. I’m glad that the staff was able to make you and your wife feel taken care of, and give you a relaxing and romantic experience. This is exactly what we hope to provide for every guest who stays with us. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back “aShore” very soon!

Sincerely

Guildford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Dont be disappointed by the somewhat basic reception building upon arrival. The villas are incredible. Very nicely put together with plenty of space, lovely semi outdoor bathroom and lovely outdoor space with infinity pool with a view that you dont want to leave. I have to admit we asked to change rooms as our view was slightly obscured. In the process i lost a ring of great sentimental value to me. The staff found it a couple of days later and seemed genuinely as happy as me. They are wonderful. Miss Puu makes fantastic towel animals - loved the monkey, and Paul the buggy guy was great and always seemed to be on hand to run us around. Try breakfast in your room . (some nasty man got very annoyed on our first day when i didnt realise a ruffled napkin meant he had baggsed the table. You know who you are!) better to stay in your villa and enjoy the wonderful view. As a real contrast we really liked the couple of bars/restaurants on the beach. Friendly staff at the one a little bit along the beach with cheap good food and reasonably priced reasonably tasting white wine when you have had enough of the Singha As people have said its not a private beach so dont be confused when you have to pay for beds. Beautiful white sand and warm clear sea though. We really liked Mom Tris. European prices but great food and location. They will send a car for you. We ventured into Kata a couple of times. Yes it's a bit lairy but harmless and you appreciate the calm of the hotel afterwards. Bottled out of making it to Patong though! Genuinely sad to leave to head off to the Sarojin in Khao Lak as well as being somewhat nervous as to whether it would measure up. It did. Different, but a good combo of hotels within 90 minutes of each other. We are well seasoned picky travellers and we loved the Shore. I really do think it's hard to fault. Wish I was back there!

2 Thank Emma131
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Emma131,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Shore.
It was a pleasure for us to have you had here, and we are very happy that you had an outstanding stay.
Your compliments towards our staff are very much appreciated and will be shared with everyone.
We all wish you a wonderful time back home and hope to welcome you soon back “aShore” for another romantic stay!
Sincerely yours
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 94 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!