“"Finally relaxed in Luxury at the Shore"”

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had the most romantic awesome vacation at a Seaview Villa with our own plunge pool and stunning views of Kata Noi Beach. The colors are soothing in grays and white with yellow accents. Everyday Mei made the cutest elephants made out of towels. Truly creative! The breezes were the best on the Island. I never wanted to leave! The infinity plunge pool is so inviting, cool and perfect. The people that work at The Shore are kind, and go overboard to make your stay as wonderful as possible. We had spent a moment at The Westin's Luxury Collection at Naka Island...Gross and earthy then 2 days at Baray Villas...disease ridden pool and dark shadows lookalike! I persisted and found The Shore at Katathanki! So lucky! Stay there. No other place like it. We were on a 6 star cruise before Phuket and the cruise was not even as perfect this villa! So private and so perfect!

Room Tip: Stay in the Plunge pool Seaview suites. There are bright, happy, and had shaded outside as well as o...
2  Thank Skiskinny110
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Skiskinny110,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here in the Shore.

I am happy to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured that I will pass your comments to all our staff and especially to Khun Mei.
It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future for another relaxing and romantic vacation.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Came here for a short weekend gateway. Service was excellent right from we touched down in the airport, when the hotel staff picked us up. It was even better once in the hotel. Next is the view from our room facing the kata noi beach, it was just breathtaking. I just couldn't get enough of it. Town is more laid back unlike the one in Patong. Morning buffet was awesome.. Probably the longest we took due to the view we had. Easy access to the beach with our own private chairs from the hotel located just next it the beach. I would strongly advice this place for great relaxing escape gateways with exceptional service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear 3spots,

Thank you very much for this "excellent" Review.

I am happy to read that your stay was amazing. Be assured that I will pass your comments to all our staff.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

What can we say about The Shore that has not already been said? There is no doubt about the spectacular location, the wonderful service which is always friendly and courteous and the fantastically designed accommodation. We had a Seaview Villa which is a must and the view down Kata Noi beach is a joy to behold. The villa was secluded and quiet at all times, apart from the occasional wedding celebration that did intrude a couple of times. Everything was pretty much perfect and even a couple of minor glitches in our villa were addressed efficiently. The other added bonus for us is that this seems to be an adult resort and I never saw one child, although there were in abundance at the Katathani sister resort next door.

We generally ate breakfast down at The Harbor, although we did have it in our villa on a couple of occasions which made a nice change. Breakfast was good with everything provided including coffee any which way. Only complaint for me would be the bacon which was the North American cremated kind.

I have to mention their Harbor Restaurant again which I believe is not open to external guests. As we arrived early evening, we decided to eat there on our first night. We were pleasantly surprised, if not blown away by the beautiful if not spectacular location right on the beach and the food was pretty good too. There was a complimentary basket of fresh bread with a sort of fish based tapenade which was delicious. Another complimentary starter of breaded veal or pork schnitzel with a sort of ratatouille, again very good. Our ordered starter was fresh crab spring rolls which we shared and was from their tapas selection - again as they say in Thailand "a-Roy". My wife had spaghetti for a main and I had the fish special of fresh grouper which did not disappoint. We were so full that I could not manage the Mango Soufflé from the dessert menu which I had my eye on. Wine was a little pricy even for Thailand, but local beer reasonable and all in all a very memorable meal which we thought was so good, we had dinner there on two other occasions.

In summary a great week and I although not cheap, if you want rest and relaxation in a beautiful environment, The Shore at Katathani has to be the place.

Room Tip: We had villa 8873 which was perfect for us. Although many recommend villas high up, this was on the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear rwlid,
Thank you very much for taking time to write us this review.
I am really happy that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you had here.
Please be assured that I will pass on your review to all departments. They will be happy to read that me met all your expectations.
I am sorry that we were not able to satisfy your preference for bacon. If you visit us next time, we will provide bacon on request the way you like.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We spent the last 4 nights of our honeymoon at the shore and after reading all the excellent reviews on trip advisor we were excited and our expectations were high - we were not disappointed. They picked us up from the hotel we were staying at further down the coast and greeted incredibly warmly with flowers local cashews and juice. We were taken to our room and shown around by Sylvia (who was a great help and friendly face throughout our entire stay - as were all the other staff I haven't named). The room was amazing we had a sea view pool villa and it was quite high up so we got a great view as well as privacy. We were given fruits cake and flowers for our honeymoon.

Room service and the food at the restaurant were delicious, choice of wines was good too.

Every request we had during our stay was met with a smile and their motto 'sure absolutely' which sounds corny but is exactly what you want to hear.

They helped us to book two tours during our stay which we'd requested from the UK including booking a private boat trip for us, both tours were great and went very smoothly.

I also visited the spa for a 3 hour treatment which was perfect and relaxing, I highly recommend it, the facial and massage were the best i've ever had.

We were also given a complimentary Airport transfer which was much appreciated.

I could write a lot more on the perfection of The Shore but I recommend you book a room and try it yourself.

Room Tip: A sew view pool villa is well worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Pika473,

Thank you very much for writing us this “unforgettable review” for your recent stay at the Shore.
It was a pleasure to have you had here with us. Be assured that I will pass your positive comments to all of our staff especially to Silvia. I am really happy that you fully enjoyed your stay and that we made it to an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We visited this wonderful place yet again in February and felt like just being back home.
Each one of the staff remembered us by name and even the villa which we stayed in last!
That was amazing and felt really special.Rooms,Services,Staff,Food everything was excellent as usual and nothing different from their usual high standards.Would be back again soon!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are with spectacular views. Stay in Any and you would love it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IamWanderer
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear IamWanderer,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write us about your recent stay.
I am glad that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured that I will pass your good comments about our staff to them. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights at the Shore early April 2014. We had a villa with a private pool and seaview.
There is nothing wrong with this hotel. Nothing to complain about. the room is fantastic, very well maintained and daily cleaned with some special attention. The reception was very friendly and suportive. The beach is fantastic and not too crowded. The hotel is located in a quiet place but not too far from patong beach and other attraction areas (old phuket town, shopping area). You need about 25 to 35 minutes to go in those places. So perfect spot to enjoy pool, sea and sun during the day and go for party during the night in patong.
A special thank to SVEN, the assistant general manager, who is giving a particular attention to the customers and was very attentive to our requests.
I can only recommend this special hotel.

Room Tip: take a room on level 1,2 or 3 unless you are fit :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear peeper551,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this wonderful review.
I am glad that you had a fantastic stay. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us and that you liked our service so much. Be assured that I will pass your comments to our reception and thank you very much for mentioning my name.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you're considering a getaway with your significant other, and have been looking for a clean, comfortable, safe resort for your stay - then look no further.Going from Patong to Kata is like going from downtown LA to Beverley Hills.The contrast is incredible - you go from being in a scene from 'The Hangover PT II' to a safe, luxurious safe haven. You are greeted by Katathani security every 10 meters or so and they are without a doubt the nicest people I've ever met. As you work your way through Katathani (which feels more like a massive estate to me) you finally reach The Shore - it's the exclusive, special part of Katathani. As soon as any staff in the area realize that you're staying at the shore, their eyes light up and offer you their best service. If you want to be treated like a King and Queen, stay at The Shore. If you want to enjoy an amazing breakfast every day, complementary afternoon treats, some of the better coffee in the region - stay at the shore. If it's your first time to Thailand and you feel a bit uneasy about it and you want a paradise retreat to take it at your own pace - definitely stay at the shore. If you love sunsets, relaxation, and top of the range facilities – stay at The Shore. You can also grab complementary snorkeling gear if you're into that type of thing. My girlfriend and I had the best holiday we've ever experienced here. Everything they do, they +1 it with something 'extra' - that's what we loved the most.

Room Tip: 8873 is by far the best room in this place. Request it and never look back. 8816 is the best non-s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank c0sier
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear c0sier,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this great review and your overwhelming compliments.
It was a pleasure to have you here with us. I am glad that you fully enjoyed your stay.
Regarding our security please be assured that I will pass your comments to all of them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#1 of 2 in Kata Noi Beach
Trisara
Trisara
#1 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!