“Outstanding !!!”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Aberdeen
“Outstanding !!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the shore for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and were simply blown away as soon as we got there. The reception staff upon arrival were so friendly and this was to be the case throughout our stay. We stayed in a sea view villa (8883) and the view was simply breathtaking. On our first morning we got breakfast delivered to the room and the service and the quality of the food was brilliant. The quality and selection of breakfast down in the harbour restaurant was equally as good. The staff were extremely welcoming and attentive.
The room was always clean and the house keeping staff sutisa and sarayut were so lovely and helpful. Another member of the house keeping staff would come to the room every evening with fresh towels and a little gift with a card on the pillow which was such a lovely touch.
The hotel also provided afternoon tea complementary everyday which was really nice , then they have happy hour with a great selection of cocktails at a great price. The harbour restaurant was simple but classy with a romantic setting and tasty food.
The staff at the hotel were always on hand if you required a buggy to your room or to the sister hotel katathani, our favourite staff member was miemie he was so friendly and polite also funny and always made sure that we were ok.
Overall our stay at the shore was unforgettable and we will definitely be back.

Paul and Sam

Room Tip: 8883 amazing view and infinity pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nic765
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Nic765,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review. It was pleasure to have you had here with us.
Be assured that I will pass your comment to all the departments at the Shore. I am really happy to read that you had an excellent stay.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.
Assistant Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Shore at Katahani for 4 nights mid April. It was perfect. I arrived at 1 am after 22 hours of flight from Chicago and I arrived in paradise. The view when you wake up and open the shades is just unbelievable. Service is excellent, especially the breakfast in the room in the morning. The yoga class on Thursdays and Mondays is fun. Will be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jean-francoisM1
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Jean-francoisM1,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience here at the Shore.
I am happy to ready that you had a great stay. I will inform our staff about your positive comment.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back and I am glad to read that you will be back “aShore” in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I always love Thailand because its exotic relaxed feel. Staying in this hotel just makes the whole thing to the next level. The beach was awesome! I can stay there for the whole day with hundreds of cocktails and my fiction. And the staff there was super friendly and helpful which really made me feeling like "yea I'm the vip".

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Moonmoon T
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Moonmoon T,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore.
I am really happy to read that you had a great stay. Be assured that I will pass you comments regarding our staff to all concerning departments. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We spent there four fantastic days in a villa with sea view and infinity pool.
The attention to details, the service and the location are excellent.
Located at the end of a small road the villas are far from overcrowded Phuket, the Kata beach is really close from the villas and there's abundance of good restaurants at any price level.
We tried the SPA and it was a great experience as well.
Pack your bikini and fly over, you won't need anything else!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Antonio T,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
I am really happy to read that you found your luxury honeymoon. Be assured that I will pass you comments regarding our staff to all concerning departments.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 night as part of my honeymoon. I had to wait for an hour because of the room setting but the room is awesome and the waiting was not anything. The location is not so good but I couldn't think any regret in front of beautiful beach. I would like to stay longer in next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dahye J,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
I am really happy to read that you had a perfect honeymoon.

RIO DE JANEIRO
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is fantastic! Our room had a perfect design and amazing view of the beach (even with bad weather). We had an infinity pool on our balcony that was great for pictures. It was very romantic. Also the service was very good.

Room Tip: Chose a room with view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear MARI_CRIS_10,

I am happy to read that you stay was wonderful. Regarding your comment about our staff, please be assured that I will let them know.
Dublin
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here for a week as part of my honeymoon. So I'm going to put this review in terms of pros and cons:

Pros:
- We stayed in an ocean view villa and it was worth every penny. The views were simply magnificent every single morning and with so many windows/sliding doors you can pretty much always see the beach and ocean.
- The room isn't super modern but it's very pretty and well looked after.
- The staff were fantastic. So so helpful and happy to go out of their way to help at all times. Little gifts are left in your room every day (flowers, a cake etc). Very thoughtful.
- The beach is only a couple of minutes walk away

Cons:
- I didn't like the food at all. Yes the breakfast looks great but unfortunately the taste doesn't match. We only ate breakfast at the hotel twice. I also tried it for dinner one night but wasn't at all blown away so we ventured into town instead and found two fantastic places:
(1) Horn grill steakhouse
(2) Mom Tri's kitchen
- Location wise it's away from the hustle and bustle of the town so if you're after peace and quiet then this is the perfect location for you. If on the other hand you want to go into town, be prepared to pay for a taxi in and out every single day.

In summary I don't regret staying here because I did feel well looked after and the views were phenomenal. However for the price we paid, I'd have expected the food (and in particular breakfast) to have been of a much higher quality.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear TropicalPlaces25,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. I am happy to read that you had a very good stay here at the Shore and will in particular forward your appreciation of our staff to all departments as a direct feedback.

Regarding your expectations on our food I am sorry that our breakfast and dinner didn’t impress you. Please be assured that I will pass your comments to our Chef and discuss options how we can improve it in the future.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and am looking forward to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#2 of 328 in Patong
Trisara
Trisara
#2 of 96 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!