“Shore Thing”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Queensland
“Shore Thing”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our second visit and once again it was heavenly. We requested the same room as last time & were lucky enough to be in 8842 again. We stayed 9 nights and wished we had booked for longer. The rooms are divine and always spotless. It is such a great location - right on the beach. All the staff are amazing - always so friendly and bright. The Harbour restaurant is top shelf - great view, great service and scrumptious food. Breakfast here is dreamy - great selection of food and lovely outlook. All of the other restaurants at Katathani are great too and its so handy to be able to book everything back to your room. We never ate anywhere else off site. There is live music during dinner at most of the restaurants.

I had 3 visits to the Spa and wasn't disappointed. It was luxurious and the girls in there are so lovely. They have plenty of staff in there so its quite easy to get the appointment time you desire, often at short notice.

Rooms can be high on the hill, but access is no problem as they have buggies (if you don't feel like the walk). Just call reception and its outside your door within minutes. They also have free WiFi and also have computers in the library if a desktop is required.

There are taxis just outside Katathani which will take you anywhere you desire for a very reasonable price. They are all very professional and friendly too.

Upon request they will gladly do special treats. My husband asked for our room to be done up special one evening and it was a unique treat. Rose petals everywhere, overhead bed net, candles around the pool - the lot. He also organised a special dinner on the lawn near the Harbour restaurant - nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They tried to help with every aspect and it was a magical evening.

Having the plunge pool in your villa is the best!

It was good to see the long serving staff again and we can't wait to see them next time! All the staff are genuinely lovely and so professional.

Good Work Sven and team………...

1 Thank Donna1963
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Doona1963,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore. I am very happy that you had a great stay again. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Me and my fiancé wanted to get away from work, college, stress, etc. So at the last minute we booked our trip to Thailand. We enjoyed 3 days in Bangkok and then embarked on the amazing journey to The Shore. Before our stay here I never thought I could live in PARADISE! It started from the hotel transportation picking us up from the airport, the greeting we received once we got there, and the list goes on! Everyone was amazingly polite, professional, and courteous at ALL times! Upon my request, Sylvia made sure our initial reaction to our Sea View Villa was, nothing less than shocking! On the bed I requested it to read I Love You Nikki, and it was all in rose pedals! The view was breath taking, the pool was one of a kind, and the room service was affordable and good! I can go on for days about this place! I have to say it is the best vacation spot I have ever been to in my life! We are already planning on going back next year! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SHORE! I have ZERO complaints and infinity praises! The only complaint I have is that we had to say goodbye! It felt just like home and we already miss it!

Room Tip: Sea View Pool Villa are worth every penny!
1 Thank Josh B
Dear Josh B,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
I am very happy that you found paradise. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
We are “Shore absolutely” in every request you may have. All the good comments that you wrote, please be assured that I will let every department know about it.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This property was just amazing and the staff are so wondeful and friendly. Sylvia was just. Sweetheart ! Great check in and welcome and our 2 bedroom villa plus an additional sea view villa were absolutely breath taking. The little details like universal powerpoints to the fantastic coffee machine. The pool was super special with great views and we spent so many hours there!! The breakfast was great with many options you could have alacarte or buffet. I would recommend anyone who liked excellent quality, personalized service and perfect location. Much preferred kata to patong! Thank you to shores!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank IJlovestoTravel
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Nakinaks,
Thank you very much for your amazing review. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay.
Your positive comments, regarding the staff, be assured that I will pass them to each department especially to Silvia. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us.
Aberdeen
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the shore for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and were simply blown away as soon as we got there. The reception staff upon arrival were so friendly and this was to be the case throughout our stay. We stayed in a sea view villa (8883) and the view was simply breathtaking. On our first morning we got breakfast delivered to the room and the service and the quality of the food was brilliant. The quality and selection of breakfast down in the harbour restaurant was equally as good. The staff were extremely welcoming and attentive.
The room was always clean and the house keeping staff sutisa and sarayut were so lovely and helpful. Another member of the house keeping staff would come to the room every evening with fresh towels and a little gift with a card on the pillow which was such a lovely touch.
The hotel also provided afternoon tea complementary everyday which was really nice , then they have happy hour with a great selection of cocktails at a great price. The harbour restaurant was simple but classy with a romantic setting and tasty food.
The staff at the hotel were always on hand if you required a buggy to your room or to the sister hotel katathani, our favourite staff member was miemie he was so friendly and polite also funny and always made sure that we were ok.
Overall our stay at the shore was unforgettable and we will definitely be back.

Paul and Sam

Room Tip: 8883 amazing view and infinity pool
2 Thank Nic765
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Nic765,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review. It was pleasure to have you had here with us.
Be assured that I will pass your comment to all the departments at the Shore. I am really happy to read that you had an excellent stay.
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Shore at Katahani for 4 nights mid April. It was perfect. I arrived at 1 am after 22 hours of flight from Chicago and I arrived in paradise. The view when you wake up and open the shades is just unbelievable. Service is excellent, especially the breakfast in the room in the morning. The yoga class on Thursdays and Mondays is fun. Will be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jean-francoisM1
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Jean-francoisM1,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience here at the Shore.
I am happy to ready that you had a great stay. I will inform our staff about your positive comment.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back and I am glad to read that you will be back “aShore” in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I always love Thailand because its exotic relaxed feel. Staying in this hotel just makes the whole thing to the next level. The beach was awesome! I can stay there for the whole day with hundreds of cocktails and my fiction. And the staff there was super friendly and helpful which really made me feeling like "yea I'm the vip".

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Moonmoon T
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Moonmoon T,

I am really happy to read that you had a great stay. Be assured that I will pass you comments regarding our staff to all concerning departments. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We spent there four fantastic days in a villa with sea view and infinity pool.
The attention to details, the service and the location are excellent.
Located at the end of a small road the villas are far from overcrowded Phuket, the Kata beach is really close from the villas and there's abundance of good restaurants at any price level.
We tried the SPA and it was a great experience as well.
Pack your bikini and fly over, you won't need anything else!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Antonio T,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
I am really happy to read that you found your luxury honeymoon. Be assured that I will pass you comments regarding our staff to all concerning departments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#2 of 322 in Patong
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!