“Best holiday in paradise!”

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Zug, Switzerland
“Best holiday in paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Where to start... We stayed in this amazing resort for 10 days in a Pool Villa. It was simply A-Z the perfect holiday! For me #1 ever!! Ok, here my comments:

Room/Villa: Was beautifully decorated at our arrival. Everything was perfectly clean, decorated with flowers and just magical! Had to hold myself back with screaming out loud out of joy when we entered the room. The bathroom is very spacious, the bed super comofortable, the minibar always full, bottled water always available for free, the "chil area" by our pool was just amazing and the pool... well what can one say... Just fantastic!

Breakfast at "The Harbour": Every morning fresh fruit, and a big variety of bread, eggs, meat etc etc. The fried eggs were always done with a lot of love, and each plate always got a special message written with ketchup. A big big thank you to Sophon who always greeted us so wonderfully throughout the day by the restaurant Harbour. Thank you for each smile! Then the service from Nida - perfect! Breakfast not the same when she's not around. Thank you!

Hotel: Pool area beautiful, direct access to the ocean with a 1min walk. Always very friendly guards between beach and pool. Also thanks to them for their smile! The drivers all around the hotel were absoutely great. Especially a big thank you to Ya who did his job absolutely perfect! We also met Sven (Assistant Manager) who was very, very friendly, and always offered to help us with any request we had. Fantastic customer service. Thank you too! All around The Shore are beautiful flowers, butterflies and palm tree. Like said, in paradise.

Spa: The ladies there are just wonderful. You're being welcomed with a cold tea and a nice refreshing cold towel which smelled heavenly. Had two treatments there, which were amazing. Definitely worth booking something at the spa when there! Cannot wait to go back there!

Restaurants: Most Had lunch at "The Harbour" a couple of times which was very nice. Had couple of times lunch at "The Fishermans Wharf" which is located at the Kathatani Resort. You can either walk there (5-10min) or have one of the drivers from The Shore bring you over. Really great service and food. Then we had dinner three times at the "Channada" which was just perfect!! Always received fantastic service from Kookai. Thank you for everything! At our 2nd visit there they all remembered which wine we had, what we had to eat - just amazing! And our last evening which we spent there, Kookai offered immediately to have the recipe ready for us the next day before our departure. And guess what it was stuck in our door before we left. Thank you thank you thank you!

Other than that not much to say. Everything was made with love, the service was absolute top class and we loved every single minute of our stay at The Shore. And to end my review, we already booked our villa again for next year!

Room Tip: We had a Pool Villa (without Sea VIew) which was absolutely perfect!!
1 Thank vak0208
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear vak0208,
Thank you very much for writing this great review to share your experience here at The Shore.
I am really happy to read that you found paradise. Be assured that I will pass your comments to all the staff you mentioned. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and I am looking forward to welcome you back “aShore” soon.
Assistant Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Kuoni accidentally cancelled our carefully chosen resort reservation in Khao Lak ('where jungle meets the sea'). Two weeks before departure to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and the Meridien in Khao Lak I requested a late check out as ours return flight departed at midnight. I was required to pay for an additional night (£160) but agreed. Kuoni cancelled the original six night booking, made six months earlier, and attempted to make a new seven night reservation. In between our villa was let elsewhere and there was nothing else available.

Initially we were offered some lower grade options nearby but nothing equivalent. Finally, fearing disaster on our most expensive trip ever, we accepted a Seaview Pool Villa at the Shore. We were told that this was worth £1200 more than our original booking - maybe.

Looking at the map it seems possible to enjoy Khao Lak by car from Kata Noi but when you get there the roads and traffic make it obvious that it would be purgatory. So there we were at Kata Noi and the national park was for another trip.

We arrived from philosophically in Phuket, determined to make the most of our alternative accommodation at The Shore. The welcome from Noah was memorable, what a wonderful person. The sea view pool villas are simply staggering. But not if you are coy about bathing in front of your room mate, luckily we are not.

Perched high on a hillside overlooking one of God's great creations, Kata Noi Beach, our villa was one of the most private - we could look down on others but no one peeked on us. If you don't or can't walk up the steep roadways or climb the steps the staff are always happy to drive you up or down on a buggy.

The private pools are about five feet deep and big enough to swim about six or seven strokes. They are simply fantastic. I spent half of my time in the pool or sitting half submerged to read. Just bobbing at the edge looking at the activities on and around the beach.

Housekeeping is excellent. Simply that. Mini bar prices are set so that you can enjoy a beer or coke without re mortgaging - nearby shops provide for every nibble and drink you might otherwise crave.

Breakfast was very good, served on a shady terrace by the pool and sea. As mentioned, the beach is divine and the water warm and clear - a little rough if you hate getting your head wet maybe.

Guests at the Shore may eat and charge at any of the other Kata Noi resorts - this was fine and we ate well. May be worth investigating half board although we also ate at a local restaurant a few times.

A shuttle runs from the hotel to Phuket Twon and the large shopping Mall for 300 Baht. Kata Beach to the north is easily reached by cab and has more shops and eateries if you need them. Further north is Patong Beach where wild and naughty things happen - I believe - we did not explore there.

A run of shops provides essentials and Mr Topaz 'The Best Tailor in Thailand' made me a linen suit with two pairs of trousers, a silk shirt, another shirt and two pairs of cotton trousers. I was delighted with them.

The Shore is certainly exclusive and the villas memorable - I think we would have preferred our original holiday but The Shore was a fair consolation prize.

Room Tip: Higher villas are not overlooked. Choose a sea view villa.
1 Thank KevinTurvey
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Kevin Turvey,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
Be assured that I will pass your good comment directly to Noah, he will be very happy to read.
Even you not choose the Shore on your original booking, I am happy that you also had a wonderful stay.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The location of this resort is breathtaking. We are currently on a holiday organised by andaman aventures, who recommended this magnificent resort. This was the first stop on our three destination holiday of the south. We booked the seaview pool villa and it was unbelievable. A special mention also must go to the ever caring staff. Extremely professional and couteous. Thank you guys for making our stay so special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Mary J,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us this magnificent review.
I am glad to read that you had a breathtaking stay. Be assured that I will let all departments know about your good comment. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.

Best regards
Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our second visit and once again it was heavenly. We requested the same room as last time & were lucky enough to be in 8842 again. We stayed 9 nights and wished we had booked for longer. The rooms are divine and always spotless. It is such a great location - right on the beach. All the staff are amazing - always so friendly and bright. The Harbour restaurant is top shelf - great view, great service and scrumptious food. Breakfast here is dreamy - great selection of food and lovely outlook. All of the other restaurants at Katathani are great too and its so handy to be able to book everything back to your room. We never ate anywhere else off site. There is live music during dinner at most of the restaurants.

I had 3 visits to the Spa and wasn't disappointed. It was luxurious and the girls in there are so lovely. They have plenty of staff in there so its quite easy to get the appointment time you desire, often at short notice.

Rooms can be high on the hill, but access is no problem as they have buggies (if you don't feel like the walk). Just call reception and its outside your door within minutes. They also have free WiFi and also have computers in the library if a desktop is required.

There are taxis just outside Katathani which will take you anywhere you desire for a very reasonable price. They are all very professional and friendly too.

Upon request they will gladly do special treats. My husband asked for our room to be done up special one evening and it was a unique treat. Rose petals everywhere, overhead bed net, candles around the pool - the lot. He also organised a special dinner on the lawn near the Harbour restaurant - nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They tried to help with every aspect and it was a magical evening.

Having the plunge pool in your villa is the best!

It was good to see the long serving staff again and we can't wait to see them next time! All the staff are genuinely lovely and so professional.

Good Work Sven and team………...

1 Thank Donna1963
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Doona1963,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore. I am very happy that you had a great stay again. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.

Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Me and my fiancé wanted to get away from work, college, stress, etc. So at the last minute we booked our trip to Thailand. We enjoyed 3 days in Bangkok and then embarked on the amazing journey to The Shore. Before our stay here I never thought I could live in PARADISE! It started from the hotel transportation picking us up from the airport, the greeting we received once we got there, and the list goes on! Everyone was amazingly polite, professional, and courteous at ALL times! Upon my request, Sylvia made sure our initial reaction to our Sea View Villa was, nothing less than shocking! On the bed I requested it to read I Love You Nikki, and it was all in rose pedals! The view was breath taking, the pool was one of a kind, and the room service was affordable and good! I can go on for days about this place! I have to say it is the best vacation spot I have ever been to in my life! We are already planning on going back next year! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SHORE! I have ZERO complaints and infinity praises! The only complaint I have is that we had to say goodbye! It felt just like home and we already miss it!

Room Tip: Sea View Pool Villa are worth every penny!
1 Thank Josh B
Dear Josh B,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
I am very happy that you found paradise. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
We are “Shore absolutely” in every request you may have. All the good comments that you wrote, please be assured that I will let every department know about it.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This property was just amazing and the staff are so wondeful and friendly. Sylvia was just. Sweetheart ! Great check in and welcome and our 2 bedroom villa plus an additional sea view villa were absolutely breath taking. The little details like universal powerpoints to the fantastic coffee machine. The pool was super special with great views and we spent so many hours there!! The breakfast was great with many options you could have alacarte or buffet. I would recommend anyone who liked excellent quality, personalized service and perfect location. Much preferred kata to patong! Thank you to shores!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank IJlovestoTravel
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Nakinaks,
Thank you very much for your amazing review. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay.
Your positive comments, regarding the staff, be assured that I will pass them to each department especially to Silvia. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the shore for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and were simply blown away as soon as we got there. The reception staff upon arrival were so friendly and this was to be the case throughout our stay. We stayed in a sea view villa (8883) and the view was simply breathtaking. On our first morning we got breakfast delivered to the room and the service and the quality of the food was brilliant. The quality and selection of breakfast down in the harbour restaurant was equally as good. The staff were extremely welcoming and attentive.
The room was always clean and the house keeping staff sutisa and sarayut were so lovely and helpful. Another member of the house keeping staff would come to the room every evening with fresh towels and a little gift with a card on the pillow which was such a lovely touch.
The hotel also provided afternoon tea complementary everyday which was really nice , then they have happy hour with a great selection of cocktails at a great price. The harbour restaurant was simple but classy with a romantic setting and tasty food.
The staff at the hotel were always on hand if you required a buggy to your room or to the sister hotel katathani, our favourite staff member was miemie he was so friendly and polite also funny and always made sure that we were ok.
Overall our stay at the shore was unforgettable and we will definitely be back.

Paul and Sam

Room Tip: 8883 amazing view and infinity pool
2 Thank Nic765
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Nic765,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review. It was pleasure to have you had here with us.
Be assured that I will pass your comment to all the departments at the Shore. I am really happy to read that you had an excellent stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!