“Stunning, Romantic, perfect luxury stay for couples” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Shore at Katathani

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Stunning, Romantic, perfect luxury stay for couples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had at absolutely amazing stay at The Shore. Spent 3 nights here, and what a treat! The staff are friendly and attentive. The food is amazing and the breakfast was a delight! The view from our room was breath taking. We swam in the sea every day as the waters were lovely, and the beaches very well kept and clean! Thank you Shore at Kathathani for making my stay in Phuket a very memorable one! We would love to come here again!

Room Tip: Sea view pool villa is perfect and luxurious! Our room was second from the top, and we had an absolu...
1 Thank Melanie W
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Melanie W,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this nice review. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. I am really happy that you had a stunning, romantic and perfect stay. Be assured that I will all the departments know about your good comment.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful Place With Nice Beach, very good service, hospitallity and very quite atmosphere. The staff is there for you 24H/d. Even the GM walks around and greet guests The Villas are so nice that you only like too stay there during the hole stay. We will certainly Return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Bjornar H,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience here at the Shore. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. I am really happy that you had a great stay. Be assured that I will all the departments know about your good comment.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

BEeeAaaUuuTifuuuLllll!!! Nothing like it for couples. Amazing place and has everything u need. Food is geeat and service is beyond awesome. Extremelt frienfly staff. Safe and secure at all times. Villas are always clean and made up. Again...nothing like it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NueiratB
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear NueiratB,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am really happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon so much. Please be assured that I will pass your positive comment to each concerning department.
It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon at the Shore (4-8 May 2014). This place absolutely exceeded our expectations even after reading all the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. When we arrived at the airport we were taken back to the hotel in the world's most comfortable mini van (which had seats that gave you a massage!!). We were then welcomed by the lovely Sylvia and provided with a lotus garland and a cool drink. Our room (8831) was flawless. The bed was decorated with roses and swans, as well as a banner wishing us a happy honeymoon. The place was clean, with the most breathtaking views over the Resort and beach. We spent many hours in the infinity pool soaking up the sun and looking over the stunning beach. The service and friendliness of the staff were second to none, with eveyone going out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Happy hour is a fantastic touch with half price cocktails. We found ourselves down at the Harbor everyday to watch the sunset. I could not fault the location either. Kata Beach is by far the cleanest and most peaceful beach in Phuket. It's only a short taxi ride to other places in Phuket and we were happy to keep some distance between us and Patong. However, if you are interested in venturing into Patong, there is a nightly shuttle service that takes guests from the Resort to Patong for a nominal fee. We ate at the Resort just about every night and the food was delicious. Although, I must give a special mention to the breakfast buffet held every morning. There is such a large array of yummy foods. Not to mention the egg station which cooked me the yummiest omelettes on a daily basis with a beautiful message. We absolutely adored this place and it has moved right to the top of our favourite hotel list. We will certainly be back and thank the Shore for giving us the most incredible start to our married life together.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the pool villas. However, we stayed in villa 8831 an...
2 Thank Rebecca B
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Rebecca B,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Congratulation one more time, I wish you all the best for your married life. I am really happy that you found heaven on earth. It was a pleasure to have you had here with us. Be assured that I will pass all your good comments to each concerning department.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” for your next anniversary.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great resort this, we loved every minute of it, booked it as the last stop in an excellent tour of the region organized by andaman adveentures (top marks to them for a hassle-free holiday, for recommending some great places to stay at reasonable prices). The Shore is a place I would recommend for those who appreciate good service, affordable luxury and fine cuisine. The staff are very friendly and the accommodation is high class. I really can’t fault this place, full marks to the staff for a great stay, thanks a lot.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dana R
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Dana R,

Thank you so much for writing us a comment on trip advisor.
I am really happy that you fully enjoyed yours stay in Thailand and as well with us.
You comments regarding our staff be assured that I will inform everyone.

Rochechouart, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We spent a week 1-8 May at this fabulous resort, it went beyond our expectations! The lovely Noah welcomed us to the Shore with garlands and a refreshing drink. We were taken up to our villa (8833) to find the bed beautifully decorated with swans and roses, flowers, cakes and fruit were awaiting us. The villa was wonderful, well appointed with a view over the bay to die for. The bathroom was spacious and I'll never forget being able to shower whilst watching the beautiful sunsets so beautiful. The villa infinity pool was a godsend to cool off in and from it you could watch the beach and often the weddings taking place nearby. It was very clean and fresh linen and towels appeared everyday unless requested otherwise. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and did everything they could to ensure we had a wonderful time - in particular Smart, Minnie and Jack (the barman) at the Harbour a big thankyou - khaawp khoon caa! for going out of your way to make us feel special! The food is excellent and we ate out everynight we particularly liked La Scala which is housed in the next part of the resort, wonderful food - and air conditioned for those hot nights! I would recommend a spa - they are fabulous! 3 hours of bliss, well worth it.
Thanks to all at the Shore, we hope to come back again before long, in the meantime thanks for the happy memories.

Room Tip: Get a villa with a sea view, go in April/May nice and quiet although the weather can be unpredictabl...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Doreen C,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore.
I am very happy that you found paradise. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. Be assured that I will pass your good comments regarding our staff and establishment to all concerning departments.

Sven Oldenburg
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

very Good hotel. very CLEAN, and very polite staffs, good service, good interior design with a good kata beach view. A little bit pricey and the location is far from the famous patong beach. really good experience!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Jimjayd,

Thank you very much for writing us this nice review.
I am really happy to read that you had a perfect stay. Be assured that I will pass your comments regarding our rooms and staff to each department. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and I hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 94 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!