“Best Hotel in Kata!”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Best Hotel in Kata!”
Reviewed 16 November 2010

My Husband & I stayed here for our first 4 nights of our Honeymoon. We were soo impressed from the minute we arrived upon being greeted with a cool drink, selction of flowers for our room, Breakfast choices e.t.c.. We stayed in the Pool Villa, which is extremely spacious, modern & exceptionally clean. The Shore at Katathani is right at the end of Katanoi Beach. The Hotel manager told us that they opened in April, so all the furnishings are brand spanking new! The hotwl offers free WiFi, Free dvd usage & my husband used their very well equipped Gym. If you are too hot & bothered to walk up the hill to your Villa they offer complimentary buggy rides to your door.
We would both be back in a heartbeat & recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Phuket away from the hustle & bustle.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbieBenR
ingstie, Marketing Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Dear DebbieBenr, we appreciate your kind words and your recommendation. We hope to see you here again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 November 2010

my husband and i just went to phuket over the long weekend for 3D2N. our stay at the shore was amazing. the only bad thing is that the trip was too short!! we both wish we could stay longer. while the ride from the airport to the hotel was a bit longer than expected, we were totally impressed by the hotel and its staff from the very first moment we got there. the staff was friendly & helpful. the room we got was very nice, clean, and spacious. we love a little outfoor lounge/sofa area right next to a private infinity pool. the best thing? the beach and ocean view from our room. it was simply stunning! we were pretty much lounging by the pool the whole day ;) room service was good and fast. i got my mani/padi and massage done in the room itself. the place was peaceful and quiet, just perfect for us. if you are looking for a phuket nightlife and clubbing scene, this might not be the right place for you. time flies! the trip had come to an end. it was a memorable and a completely relaxing getaway trip for the both of us. what else could you ask for? :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jon-and-kate2010
Dear jon-and –kate2010, thank you very much for your kind words and for spending your memorable time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay. Hopefully next time you can stay longer.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed at the Shore for a week and i can honestly say its the most beautiful room i ever stayed in. And comfortable. The bed was enormous and perfect. I had the best sleeps ever. I loved the privacy of my own sundeck and pool. I loved the room service and the friendly service overall. It felt really safe for a solo female traveller. The weather when i went in July was not so great - rained alot - but i just stayed in my room and read and relaxed and watched wimbledon in bed!!! and looked at the wonderful view from my huge ocean front window. Food in the restaurant was great and they were very happy to cater for my dietary requirements. I also ate food of my own in the room and that was fine too. The views were breathtaking even tho it was not possible to swim in the sea (red flags all week) but i still went for a walk along the beach, used the wonderful spa facilities and had the most relaxing time. Its worth going this far even for a week!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Dear havelegswilltravel99, it is so wonderful to know you had a nice holiday here and enjoyed our facilities. Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again next time.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I've stayed at many amazing resorts all over Asia and Europe and the Shore @ Katathani was simply the best! The views from our private villa were amazing and katanoi beach was exquisite. Watching the sun set by the infinity pool was spectacular. The villa was unbelievably luxurious along and decorated perfectly for our honeymoon. The staff was incredibly nice and made us feel like royalty from the second we arrived. All the meals were not only delicious but also perfectly arranged and decorated. To sum it up, the Shore really made our honeymoon an unforgettable experience and it was difficult to leave....truly Paradise!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Socalbo, It’s so fantastic to hear both of you had a great time here. Thank you very much for spending your honeymoon at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time.
London
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Fortunately, I've been lucky enough to stay in some of the planets best and most comfortable hotels. The Shore at the Katathani can proudly hold its head up high as a complete jewel, worthy of it's place among the world's greatest hotels.

Our 10 day stay in our Sea view, two bedroom villa was faultless. Two enormous bedrooms on two floors, with an infinity pool and private sun terrace, overlooking the fantastic Andaman sea and Kata Noi beach seduced me into a sense of serenity that I have rarely felt previously. I have been so depressed since returning to London; I can't wait to visit again.

The sunsets from our private upper terrace were breathtaking and apart from the weather (after all this was the middle of the rainy season) our stay was perfect.

Massive beds, a roll top bath, huge walk-in showers, two loos, four sinks, amazing views, gorgeous and friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us, huge LCD screens, two DVDs, free DVD rental library, free iPod touch, two amazing "pod" coffee machines, large safe, huge lounge... in short, the nicest place that my family have stayed.

The Shore is still under construction but we noticed no noise at all apart from during one breakfast the we had in the outside restaurant. The manager went and spoke to the builders and they stopped what they were doing and continued to work inaudibly!

My daughter and I loved the private infinity pool in our villa and equally we spent hours lazing in the hotel's main infinity pool that overlooks the white sandy Kata Noi beach.

Incredibly, for such a luxurious hotel, massages could be had by the pool for 300 baht (£6), the same price as in the local massage shops that line the streets of Kata Noi.

We hired a car for our stay in Phuket and so i am unable to pass comment on the price of transport to and from the hotel. There was a free shuttle bus to Phuket Town which my partner took.

All of the staff were lovely and Kuhn Peta seemed to take a personal interest in ensuring that we wanted for nothing during our stay.

If you can afford this resort then go there. You'll be so grateful... (until you have to leave!!!)

2 Thank JeffersLondon
ingstie, Markeing Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Dear JeffersLondon, we are glad that you and your family had a great time at our Two-bedroom Pool Villa and our facilities as well. Look forward to welcoming you and your family for another holiday soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 August 2010

One of our local friends in Phuket recommended us to stay at this new luxury pool villa resort called The Shore at Katathani in Phuket so my fiance and I were willing to give it a try. And it turned out to be one of the best pool villa hotels we have ever stayed.

The ocean view from the bedroom is breathtaking. It is everything I hoped for to pay premium price in order to stay at a pool villa type of resort by the ocean in Thailand. I love the infinity edge pool and the bathtub that allow us to overlook the ocean privately from our room. The bathtub moment - seeing the crystal clear water and bright blue sky, hearing the ocean while smelling nice bath salts - was so amazing and relaxing - absolute nirvana - that I told myself I would love to come back at this hotel again.

The staff is very friendly and well-trained. They have attention to details for everything from handcrafted butter for bread to beautiful Thai orchid in the bathroom. You will need to call the front desk for a buggy if you do not want to walk around up and down the hills, but the service is fast. We never had to wait more than 5-10 mins for the buggy to come and pick us up from the villa.

To sum up, what I love the most about this hotel is the private access to the beach, and the privacy that we can enjoy everything from our room. I think they have less than 50 villas in total so it is a pretty private property perfect for a honeymoon. I would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Annette002, Thank you very much for spending your memorable Honeymoon with us. We appreciate your kind comments. Hope to welcome you again next time.
San Francisco
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This trip is planned to be our mini-honeymoon. Well, I have to say, it was probably the BEST pool villa that we have been to. It's totally secluded, Our room was on top of the hill overlooking the sea view on the front and mountain view on the side. We just could not ask for more.

The experience was wonderful, we got tasty welcome drinks. Since they know it's our honeymoon, they surprised us by having a heart shaped cakes to welcome us in the room. The staffs were really friendly and helpful, and SUPER polite.

Inside the room, they decorated very nicely, they always have some nice touch and thoughtful decoration. We had breakfast in the room, we had the feast, they were plenty of food for breakfast and it was well cooked and tasty. The cheese plate was nice and they also served tropical fruit which is always nice.

Overall, we both love it there. We probably will go back again when we have time. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear linji, We are glad both of you spent your mini-honeymoon with us.
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and your recommendation for our resort. We hope to welcome both of you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!