We spent our honeymoon at the Shore (6 nights). We had a great time, and we appreciated a lot the exotic atmosphere of the location. However, I would like to mention some points that could be improved in order to render the hotel worth its price:
It's not fair for some (few) customers, like us, to have a big tree as an obstacle of the breathtaking seaview. We noticed from the beach, at our third day, that most of the rooms had an open seaview, except from ours and a couple more. We asked if we could move to another room, but the one available was not better, so we remained in ours. It wasn't a big deal but to be honest it was a bit annoying when considering our unluck.
The sleep quality was not so great. The king bed was very comfortable but the problem was with the mosquitos. You could either choose to sleep without the air condition (actually it wasn't so hot) but then you would suffer from the mosquitos. Or you could open the a/c (it was a little bit noisy), cover with the duvet, but then having a throat problem in the morning because of the dry air.
During a couple of nights, we had visits from a few (big and flying) cockroaches and spiders. We informed the reception and they provided us with a baygon in order to flit. The incidents occured, not in the room where there are glass windows and doors but in the bathroom and toillet area. The problem in my opinion is that the wooden floor leave some spaces from where the insects can enter and exit. Also from the windows that are not safeguarded by glass.
The restaurant was at a nice and romantic location (by the pool, overlooking the sea). The food quality was good but very expensive. The breakfast buffet was ok, although with not a big variety.
The roof at the private pool in the room was too short so it wasn't protecting the sun deck from the rain. The pool didn't have some nice lightning for the evening (like candles), except for the side of the sun deck.
The staff, with a few exceptions, didn't really speak English, which made communication a little bit problematic. On the other hand, we have no complaints since everybody was very kind and willing to help.
One, by reading this review, might think that it wasn't a great hotel. Actually it was! The design of the room, the brand new furniture, the space, the view, everything was spectacular! And believe me, i made a big research in the internet for hotels. Some were indifferent, some were old fashioned (kitsch), some in a bad location... The Shore was very good.
The only objection is the price. If you want to charge 400 or 500 euros per night you must be almost perfect...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach