“Great food in casual surroundings”

Red Chair Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 155 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 21 March 2014

There appears to be some confusion about Red Chair Plus which is no longer there. The original Red Chair is still operating in it's original location halfway along Koktanod Road. The decor is very basic and the atmosphere is very casual and laid back and the place was full on the night we were there. The Thai menu was authentic and reasonably priced and all the dishes appeared to be prepared from very fresh ingredients and were full of flavour. The service was prompt and attentive and the beer was icy cold. Maybe not the place for a special occasion but large groups of all nationalities were observed having a reasonably priced enjoyable night out. Not to be missed if you are in Kata.

1  Thank Neil H

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The "Red Chair" has been successful on Koktanod Rd. for a long time. And it still is. Mainly because it's cheap. (I had a Massaman Curry there last week. It was one of the worst I ever had.
Some years ago they opened the "Red Chair Plus", across the road. The food was quite OK. But it never had a big success. Then the "Two chefs" moved in . Also no success. "Two chefs" moved out, and the place is available for rent now.
I wonder how long it will take the TA, to make the changes, as they have restaurants on their list, which have been closed for over 2 years. Yes! Closed for over 2 years!!! (Phileas Fogg)
Good morning my friends @ TA :-))))

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

72 Khoktanod Alley,
Between Kata Beach & Kata Village.
Still delivering excellent value, don't leave it too late. Open until 9:30pm.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Red Chair is off the main areas of Kata and down at the end of the strip, past Club Med and beyond the Council offices, turn to the left at the "T" and it's on the right about 3-400m. beside the motorbike cafe.

If you want tasty Thai food, served in a friendly place at reasonable prices...then this is your place! Don't be put off by the appearance. I have eaten in far more flash and expensive restaurants in Kata and all over Phuket with far worse food.

I have eaten in most of the places in Kata over the years and will always come back to here for the odd meal as I spread myself around!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went for lunch today, was a bit of a walk but well worth it! The Thai food was delicious! I agree with other comments, vegetable spring rolls were very good, I had green curry soup, it had the best flavour I have tasted in Thailand. Very cheap prices too, my hubby's Pad Thai was only 60Baht. We had two Singha's, entree, two mains and rice for 275Baht, unreal!