“More than I expected!”

Ranked #44 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
London, United Kingdom
“More than I expected!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I really could not say anything bad about this hotel, everythink was more than my expectation.
My room was at the first floor, quite spacious, perfectly clean every day and instead a usual ketle it was provided by a propal italian coffee machine where I could make tea and coffee.
There is a mini bar with a good selection of drinks and for each day I could drink 2 bottle of water free of charge. On my package I had breakfast included, continental with a choise of eggs, the waitresses in the morning they alwyas being polite with me even if their english was very poor.
My flight to go back was in the late afternoon and the howner because the low season, didn't charge me for the half using day of the room, which other hotel would normally do. That's was a real plus one!!! I highly suggest this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the peaceful location & spacious rooms & bathrooms of the hotel. The staff were very friendly & helpful. We asked for an extra bed when we arrived & it was very quickly arranged; but perhaps it would have been better if the room had 2 large beds as the extra bed was a foldable spring type which was not too comfortable. The pizzas were the best we ever tasted! Breakfast was simple, but we had freshly made croissants, eggs & latte everyday. Everyone was very nice & we felt very at home. Very reasonable price with breakfast & lovely rooftop pool. We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Rooms next to the pool would be the nicest.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank YenChua
england
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Good location, 5mins walk to kata beach. Plenty of bars & restaurants within a minute walk of hotel. Market twice a week only 2 mins away. Staff friendly, & hotel always very clean. Nice restaurant within hotel. Nice pizza' s. Lovely pool area & sun lounges on roof terrace. We stayed for nearly a month, & enjoyed this place. Will return.

Room Tip: Front of hotel rooms for nicest view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

10 minutes walking distance from the beach. Staff are all lovely and very helpful and all speak good English. Room is spacious and clean with a tv and aircon. Comfy bed. I would stay again but next time I would upgrade from the standard room, as the standard rooms have no windows or balcony. If you are a light sleeper maybe bring ear plugs as there is quite a bit of noise from the hallway when people are coming and going.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Abbie D
Kfar Tavor, Israel
Reviewed 21 January 2014

we spent two weeks in the hotel an are very happy with the experience
Nice room in the second floor with balcony,
Very good breakfast with italian cofee, fruits, eggs and bacon and very good croissant.
EXCELENT service, also at the reception with two girls trying to help you all the time .
Rooms where clean early in the morning while having breakfast.
there is a small swimming pool on the 3rd floor with a jacuzzi next to it.
in conclusion we are for sure going back to the place.

Room Tip: they are bilding a new group of rooms better than the old ones, if not I recomend the rooms with a b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We have stayed here 5 times now. It's a good location and quiet as away from the main road but walking distance to the beach.
The rooms are clean (though avoid the internal rooms without windows) and the staff have always been very helpful and good.
The restaurant opened last week (they have another restaurant in Kata Beach too) and the food is terrific. The pizza - well my best since being in Italy and the freshly made pasta teeming with filling and such high quality ingredients. The chef is 'mein host' and is keen to ensure that everything is up to his high standards.
We're going back again on our next trip... so suffice to say we recommend the hotel and the restaurant.
Breakfast is simple and the coffee - well it's Illy coffee, so very good.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony rather than the 'inside' rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dr John K
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed for just one night at Capannina Inn after doing some of the islands surrounding it before heading back to Bangkok. The hotel was clean, air conditioning worked well, and the room was a decent size. We did not go down for breakfast so I cannot speak about that. Overall the hotel was perfectly fine, nothing special. Although they have a tuk tuk that can take you to the beach, it is not super close to the hotel, and our taxi driver had a very difficult time finding it as I think it is relatively new and is tucked away. I think there are probably cheaper options with the same amenities that can be found in Phuket.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#47 of 56 in Kata Beach
Rico's Bungalows
Rico's Bungalows
#46 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Capannina Inn? Share your experiences!