“Wonderful Guesthouse!”

Beach Breeze Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 65 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I recently stayed for 7 nights at the Beach Breeze and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious, spotless, have air con, fan, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and tv, with an amazing amount of channels. The shower was brilliant - powerful and hot - a rarity in Thailand! Rooms would be serviced every day, if needed. However, it is the staff that makes this place. Steve, the owner, is such a great guy. He is unbelievably helpful and kind. All of the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The food here is wonderful - very reasonable prices and HUGE portions. The location of the guesthouse is really good. You're off the main street, so you're not kept awake at night with all the noise, and its only a 5 min walk to the beach. Can't fault this place - highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at the BeachBreeze for two weeks in January. I felt at home as soon as I arrived, my room 203 had all I needed for a very comfortable stay. The food in the Ship Inn downstairs was fantastic at a very reasonable price, the staff and locals were all very friendly, I only used the local transport 3 times because everything is close at hand, which makes for a good saving as the Tuc-Tuc’s are quite pricey, all in all I had a fantastic holiday and will be back. Thanks to you all at the BeachBreeze & Ship Inn

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Just got back from our stay at the Beachbreeze and we loved it!

The rooms were clean, well-maintained, and very very spacious. The staff were friendly and the owner really went out of his way to make us feel at home.

For breakfast, go with the Full Monty.. delicious and big enough to fuel you for the whole day. The breakfast is served with deep-fried toast.. I'd give it a skip if you don't want your breakfast to be too oily. Their spareribs are also very good and have big servings too.

The Beachbreeze's location is perfect.. it's on a quiet side street so there's lots of peace and privacy. But you don't have to walk far to find restaurants, bars, and cheap shopping. It's only just a few minutes walk to the beach.

Tips:

- The owner Steve can help arrange transfers for you. This was a big help as not all drivers can understand English well so we had difficulty arranging it on our own when we arrived.

- The spa just across the guesthouse is pretty good and they offer a discount if you say you stay at Beachbreeze. A soothing massage is a really great end to a day at the beach!

- Drivers are not familiar with this location because it's not on the main road.. so be very specific when you give directions. Drivers will probably be more familiar with the night market or the J Parpa boxing center. Or if you have a phone, call Beachbreeze and have one of the staff give them directions in Thai.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the first floor as the stairs can be a bit steep and give you a good cardio work...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2012

First of all a big thank you to you all at the Beachbreeze. Myself and my husband Keith travel a lot and we are usually on a budget. We arrived in Phuket late December 2011 looking for reasonable accommodation. We stopped at the Ship Inn asked if they had any rooms available and fortunately you did, we did our normal and only booked one night and that’s all it took for us to book the rest of our visit (9 days) . The rooms are great, spacious , air-con TV, etc. the food (Thai and Western) brill. And all the staff are great, the beach is just a short walk, and everything else is all in walking distance. The Beachbreeze is great value, we have paid a lot more for a lot less in the past, I don’t normally write reviews but this time I just had too, We had a really brill time, and when we return to Phuket we will be staying at the Beachbreeze (I will book in advance to make sure) Thanks again to you all and hopefully see you October.

Room Tip: As far as I am aware all rooms are similar and our's was excellent
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We have just returned from Kata Beach we spent the last week off our 3 week stay at the Beachbreeze and enjoyed every minute everything you want is at hand good clean room with fridge air con and very spacious
The food is 1st class English breakfast is huge (sorts you out for the day) we had our Christmas dinner there and it was as good as at home
the atmosphere in the Ship inn is good very with a good group off regulars both Ians and Alan good entertainment
New years buffet was great and a brilliant night
The staff cant do enough for you nothing is a problem
I would recommend this Guesthouse to anyone and we will be returning later this year

Best wishes to all

Ken and Di

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ken p
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at this guesthouse for 4 nights at the start of January with my friend. We received a warm welcome as soon as we walked through the food even though we did not have a room pre booked!!

The room was spacious and clean with a single and double bed, fridge, tv and air conditioning!

The food down stairs at the ship inn was also fantastic!!

To top the stay off the staff were so helpful and would do anything for you!!

All in all a fantastic stay and will be here again soon!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Hi this is Salan, I was with you last week of November, I just want to say what a great time I had, this was due to all of you Guys, the room was great, and the food could not have been better, I now have to work off the extra pounds I put on, but was worth it, And for anyone reading this and going to Kata, it is as it says on the site, 5 minute walk and you’re on the beach, another 5 mins and you’re in amongst The many restaurants bars and shops, the rooms are as good as I’ve stayed any ware ,and tell Di she’s a great chambermaid, Once again thanks and say Hi to all the guys in the Ship as you say Ship Happens, c u in March

Tell Steve the chef thats a big breakfast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Room Tip: No problem its only 2 story and I think all are good, doubles & twin
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo