Centara Kata Resort Phuket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
ibis Phuket Kata(Kata Beach)
Capannina Inn(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
The ViiZ Vintage(Karon Beach)
View Hotel
The Color Kata(Kata Beach)
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Kata Country House(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
Phuket Chaba Hotel(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsemerald poolkids clubwaves poolfamily suiteseasons restaurantpool partyadult poolquiet poolground floorfamily holidaypool barmain poollow seasonmassage placesgreat holidayclose to shopstuk tuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

IT is located in the center of Kata but not on the beach. Hotel has free bus to take you to the beach in every 30min. Almost every room has pool view.
Mostly the client here is family with children and scandinavian. Stuff is nice and helpful. For kids here is lot of activity.

• Stayed: March 2014
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review and for recommending the resort as a family orientated and friendly resort.

Your comments are very much appreciated

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed in the Centara a couple of weeks ago and overall had a good holiday, although the hotel needs to be improved in some areas.

The hotel is in Kata Beach, and has a very convenient location; it is near to various shops and restaurants and only 10 minutes walk from the beach.

Our room was on the 3rd floor with pool view. The room was quiet, well appointed and looked newish. Our room maid was extremely friendly and she did a great job every day cleaning our room.

There were a lot of families in the resort during our stay, however, we were expecting that, as it was advertised as a family resort by our travel agent. We were not traveling with kids and thus relaxed daily by the adults pool. The pool was quiet and nice, however, it would have been nice to see some pool bar staff there - if not all the time, but even every hour or so. We did not see any pool bar staff there during our entire stay. They did have a telephone and a menu there by the pool, but we were hesitating in using it, and therefore never ordered drinks or food from the bar.

The breakfast in the resort was average only, the quantity of breakfast items was good, but the quality was not. Some days the hot dishes were not hot and the bakery items were dry and tasteless. Some days they ran out of crepes, as they did not have enough staff to cook them. The coffee and tea were brought to the tables in pots, some days they were only luke warm. The coffee was not very good. The service in the restaurant needs a vast improvement. During breakfast no one ever came to us to check if we needed anything, and on one morning we asked for coffee and tea and were asked to get them by ourselves.

The spa had various promotions and was a really good value for money. The spa manager was very kind and talkative and the treatments were great. Would recommend, even if you were not staying in the resort. The gym was good with enough equipments for our use.

Overall, a nice resort, but needs improvement, especially in the F&B service. Would recommend for families, who are not so fuzzy about small details.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanilla5

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this very informative review.

I am delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your kind comments to the team. I also would like to thank you for recommending the hotel for families with children.

I am dissapointed to hear that your very not satisfied about the service and quality for breakfast which certainly something I will look into. I do agree that improvments are required in many areas and please rest assured that we are constantly making efforts to improve both the product and the service we are offering our guests.

Thank you also for your very nice comments about our Spa and our newly appointed Assistant Spa Manager, Khun Jenny. I am delighted to hear that you were looked after and will forward your kind comments to the SPA team

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We just returned from a week at Centara Kata and overall we were very happy with our stay. What made our stay great was the friendliness of the staff! Everyone from the security to restaurant staff and housekeeping were great. We used the babysitting service twice and my son never hesitated to go to them. He was well looked after and asleep in bed both times we came home. The food was all good although my son and husband have a gluten intolerance and it wasn't always able to be catered for. Location was great for us and the area was very family friendly. Only issues we had were the timing of the cleaning of our room as it always seemed to be late afternoon when we were trying to get baby to sleep and they didn't always change our glasses or face cloths. At night it was often noisy but that may have had more to do with the guests around us than the actual hotel. Overall a really nice stay :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn N
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your kind comments about the staff. I will certainly share this with the team.

I am sorry we were not able to cater to your sons dietery needs at all times, which is something I will adress to ensure we will have more option available. Also the timing of servicing the rooms is something we need to work on improving. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We just came from two weeks holiday and the hotel was quite as expected. No complaints about the room, it was not anything special, but ok. We had also problems with mosquitoes. I was especially happy that we got our room at 10 am. After 11 hours flight it was superb. Room cleaning was not until 6 pm several times, it was quite inconvenient.
Breakfast was good, but several morning drinks were almost run out. Coffee was not good at all. Pool was crowded, but my kids were just happy about that -> new friends.
Gym was good and almost everytime it was empty. Me and my son used the gym 6 times.
The location of the hotel was good, not too far a way from the beach.
The hotel prices were quite high, but we used the "Bonanza" program, so it compensate nicely that.

Personnel:
+ The guys responsible for the beach towels and pool activities were absolutely best. They were very nice and helpful all the time. My kids just loved them.
+ Security people were also very nice
+ Personnel in reception were very helpful
+ Most of the staff in restaurants were nice
+ My wife used Spa services several times, no complaints.
- Only negative issue was two ladies working in Emerald restaurant. Almost every day we got poor service from these two ladies.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the room in general and that we managed to give it to you earlier. We do allocate rooms as soon as they are ready, which depends of course also when the guest before is leaving. I can only appologise for the mosquitos, who are around especially in the evening. It is essential to keep the mosquito netted doors closed. Spray is available should it be required.

I am sorry to hear you did not have a nice experience at Breakfast, which certainly is something I will look into

Thank you also for recommending our Bonaza Promotion, which we are offering all year around and has proven to be very popular with guests travelling with their families.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have just had 4 days at this hotel. Grandparents with son, daughter and 4 year old grandson. On a positive note, the pools are good though they are not washed down every night. The food at lunch and dinner was also good.
Breakfasts were awful, warm water for tea, not hot, horrible coffee, cold waffles, half cooked crepe pancakes, staff looking like they would like to be anywhere but there. Even the grandchild didn't want to go for breakfast on the last day as he said it was "yuk".
It also said 5-10 minute walk to the beach, it is that but in the free bus the hotel runs.
The hotel is also very dated with really hard beds, face clothes were not replaced in the time we were there.
I would say this would only ever be a 3 star hotel.
I would not recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank STERLOCHY

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review although I was sad to hear that you and your family were not fully satisfied on this occasion.

I would like to thank you for the kind words about staff and food in general, but am dissapointed to hear about your bad experience during breakfast. This should have not been the case as we have recently upgraded our breakfast selecten. I can only sincerely appologise at this stage as I fully agree with you, that some of the things you mentioned are not acceptable. This is certainly something we will be working one.