We have just returned from 4 nights there, after staying at Patong merlin this place seemed like a huge step down in all regards. On arrival while checking in my wife noticed two huge rats running down the stairs in reception, she shrieked and I when running in time to see one of them heading into the garden off the stairs. But by then I had passed over my credit card for full payment up front, this I see is a new trend, even though I booked through booking.com still full payment upfront. Confirmed the rooms I had requested we were getting and the correct standard of room. The surprisingly unhelpful staff confirmed yes on a few occasions but once the keys were passed over not the right rooms or wing. After some heated discussion they said you can shift tomorrow, unhappy but not much choice. Once we arrived at our rooms in the most far away wing from reception, exactly what did not want, we find twin beds not doubles in both rooms and they are not connecting as requested. These rooms appeared smaller than we paid for also. Both rooms had stained bedding and one had a blocked toilet so daughter and partner had to shift to a room one floor higher, this looked like the room we paid for. Trying not to get angry and ruin our holiday.
Next day we shift to correct wing, but only one of had been shifted the other room they had not moved the bags over, which they do by van the place is so far stretched out over the hillside.
These new rooms still look smaller than paid for but view is good so we stay, our room smelled like cigarette smoke so I phone reception who got housekeeping to come to the room and with no English and no interest we were forced to stay in this room but had to open the doors while we were inside.
A few other annoying things the breakfast was well below any other hotel of similar price and rating in Thailand, little choice, flies on the uncovered food, one toaster with one slot so long queue for toast, we paid mafia money for wifi but it only worked sometimes and never worked on my cellphone, there was free wifi in the lobby and I did sit there for a few hours trying to get a picture of the rats but never got one, my wife was walking up the stairs on our second day and a rat came down the stairs to greet her, never had an issue with English at any hotel in Thailand but this hotel the staff forget all their English if there was a problem.
Overall rundown, old looking, not great staff, too many steps in the heat, poor breakfast, poor and overpriced internet, small rooms and the plus side nice pools and is handy to the beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach