Hotel reception staff gave us 5 rooms on the 5th floor and 1 on the 4th, with indication that she will change all to the same level when available. When asked the next day, she just claimed that no rooms were avail. I told her that the guests were checking out of the other rooms, and that was when she told me that hotel rooms were reserved for frequent guests who were arriving that day. This showed that she was not very truthful in the first place when she offered to change rooms for me since she knew that rooms were booked by the frequent guests already. In the course of talking to me, she and her colleagues were laughing and chatting amongst themselves in Thai. There was simply no customer service extended and the warmth of Thai people was simply not felt in this hotel.
Another incident which showed that hotel had incompetent staff was when I was asked to show my receipt some time after checking out of 4 of the 6 rooms. Though the counter staff tried to cover up, it was obvious that she could not recall and had no evidence that I had already paid up. I don't want to imagine what would ensue if I had thrown away my receipt! Late check-out (till 5 pm) of the other 2 rooms was not free despite all the hassle.
BTW, We paid for seaview rooms - 6 rooms in all - only 2 rooms had open view of the sea, the others had partial views (blocked by 2 tall trees). And we saw a snake in the trees along the hillside outside our rooms. Luckily, it was the final morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach