this was our first trip to Phuket so we were a bit unsure what to expect.
you couldn't ask for friendlier staff. they were very helpful, especially the bar staff.
the cocktails by the pool were amazing and their presentation was to die for.
the view from our hotel was also amazing, you could see a few of the islands and kata beach was only a walk from the hotel.
while the hotel wasn't in the best location- that is, it took us 20 minutes by tuktuk to get to the heart of phuket, there were a few really nice resstaurants around. I would recomend the one directly across from the hotel. i can't remeber the name, but my bf had the nicest crocodile there. there is also dino park just a short taxi ride from the hotel which i would highly recomend.
there is a taxi service at the hotel which was extremely helpful seing as we got screwed around by a few taxi drivers while we were there, so you get a basic idea of how much to pay for a taxi.
our hotel room was more than adequate for what we wanted as well
The service. the service was the main letdown of this hotel when we first arrived in our room, our safe was broken, so we rang up reception and they said they would be straight up to fix it. because we didn't want to keep our passport or money out in the open, we decided to wait for them to fix it. being our first time in phuket, we wanted to get out and look around. however, an hour later and 2 more phone calls to reception, they finally came up to fix it. also, if you ordered room service, you could expect your dirty dishes to be left outside your door for a couple of days.
the bed. we asked for a double bed in our hotel, but because they didn't have any, the pushed 2 single beds together. because the floors were wood, they kept slipping away in the middle of the night, which was rather uncomfortable.
we were aware that there were many stairs to our room before we left, and leaving the hotel for a day of shopping, the stairs didn't bother us, however, it was a bit annoying after a long day of shopping.
this hotel would be good for anyone who wants a quiet holiday away from the hustle of patong beach.
i wouldn't stay here again, because, while the service didn't bother us, it was a bit too far from everything, it was still a 20 minute taxi ride to the shopping district.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach