Enquired about the rooms in January, asked that it can only be double bed, put on the request if any problems please let me know. NO contact was made, other then the invoice for the full amount of the weeks stay and that everything was fine. Paid in full for the room. Now 1 week before leaving, i confirmed with the 3 hotels I'm staying with all details are correct and tropical garden emails me back saying, "double room by request only, we will try our best" ??????? i emailed back saying it was requested right from the start, and that i need the double room as it is a romantic holiday for 2, and after more then 2 days still no reply. I have already spoken to my credit card company who will help retrieve the money if the hotel don't refund in full. For a 3/4 star hotel (on there website they claim 4) this is outrageous!!! How is the suitable for couples, married etc.... probably 90% of there clientèle. I can not comment on the hotel further as i have yet to stay there, but for there complete lack of communication, organization and lack to offer even the correct room, this is not a 4 star hotel, this is not even a 1 star hotel, the most basic of taverns allows you to pay and book for double bed rooms, this is the same in Thailand (i lived in Phuket for two years). This hotel falls below all expectations, and now I'm having to find somewhere else to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Chanalai Hotels and Resorts offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely: Chanalai Garden Resort overlooks the Andaman Sea and offers an environment that helps you escape your everyday cares. Chanalai Garden Resort, a four-star sea view resort, located on the small hill over looking the Andaman Sea and a minute walk to the beach.Retreat your self with sea sun sand on tropical island of Phuket. Just one block from Kata Beach, the resorts easily access to the nearby shopping areas and natural tourist spots on the island. Only 25 mins to Phuket and Patong and 15 minutes away to Promthep Cape,the most spetecular sunset view point on the island.The resort is outstandlingly located on the lush tropical foliage hill side overlooking Andaman Sea and just 200 metres away to Kata beach.Varied choices of eateries shopping,diving shop,surfing shop and some tourist spots close by ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Chanalai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Garden Hotel Kata Beach
- Tropical Garden Kata
- Tropical Garden Resort Phuket
- Chanalai Garden Resort Phuket/Kata Beach