“Very nice and cool”
Review of Foto Hotel

Foto Hotel
Ranked #10 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was told about the Foto Hotel so looked it up online, they were offering a special promotion which I duly snapped up.
When we arrived I was taken aback by the reception, and checking in via ipad was different.
The room was really nice and unique, the bed was unbelievably comfortable, the view was spectacular.
Everything was nice and clean the bathroom was excellent.
We had breakfast in the Tiffin Mama restaurant which was also excellent and very filling.
The pool area is amazing, relaxing and the views are spectacular.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of rooms - Ocean View and Ozone View - The Ocean View rooms are higher and look ov...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank curriedhaggis

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Foto Hotel, has a warmth feel and look about it. The lobby is just very impressed , you must take a foto . The staff was extremely polite and keen to assist and also while i was leaving as early as my flight was 6 a.m.

The room has a comfortable feel to it and the bed was extremely soft and big for two people! the bathroom was really good as well.

Room Tip: Well-prepared your camera, you can't stop taking a foto .
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Sadly I can see other reviewers posting the same thoughts that my husband and I had (and even talked to other guests about while in the lobby or on the shuttle).

Foto is a very sexy hotel: great decor, the views from most rooms and the bar/pool are spectacular and the rooms themselves are very current. However the service is a BIG let down. The reception staff can be rude, the staff in the restaurant/bar spent more time chatting or texting than actually serving customers, and the only staff who bothered to offer a polite hello in passing or in response to my own smile and greeting were the cleaning staff. At one point I entered the Tiffin Mama bar to order drinks where a manager appeared to be reviewing stock. Not only did two staff glance at me and continue their conversation before walking away giggling, the manager glanced at me and when I proceeded to ask for a drink, walked away.....great service!

Price is very reasonable but the location is not great and the shuttle is only offered at 10am, 4pm and 7pm....however is always prompt and will make extra stops if asked.

I really would love to say that I'd stay here again as the decor was very trendy and the hotel from this perspective should be aiming for 5 star...it's got the right look and views, BUT....

The poor service was just too much of a turn off. Won't be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank laceywebb
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from our vacation in Phuket. We stayed at two hotels, Foto being the first one. The hotel and room were beautiful- exactly as it looked in the pictures. And sunset by the pool was breathtaking. The staff was very friendly, though not the best service. They were either very slow in delivering drinks or other food orders, or they delivered the wrong orders, or forgot completely. The trek up and down the hill was a bit hard- it would be smart to rent a motorbike. The area down the hill was nice and very close to the beach, and lots of bars and restaurants to try. The food at the hotel was the only bad part- everything we tried was awful, and their menu had a very small selection. It would be better to go down the hill for something better and cheaper. However, the breakfast was excellent and included in our room price. The hotel and it's facilities were a bit limited, so it got a bit boring at times because it rained almost the whole trip. Overall, the hotel was very beautiful, the service was nice but a bit inefficient, and the area was great. I would stay here again.

1  Thank snipes24
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Having stayed at more than 5 hotels in Phuket, this has definitely got to be the one with the worst service. We've been to Kata several times, but it was the first time we stayed at a hotel in Kata (We stayed mostly in Karon & Patong), and we chose Foto Hotel because it was new and had relatively good reviews. And I guess it was partly cause of the latter that we had rather high expectation of the hotel, as we wanted a few nights of quiet relaxed moments after bustling Patong, but sadly, it turned out otherwise.

Firstly, the sea view was not fantastic. You could see the sea be it whether you booked the deluxe sea view room or the deluxe ozone room. And you'd expect more out of the deluxe sea view room as you're paying more for it, but alas, the deluxe ozone room was better! Both the rooms were exactly the same, of the same size and of the same design, except that the bath tub for the deluxe sea view room was outside on the balcony while the bath tub for the deluxe ozone room was in the bathroom itself. A tub out in the open is fine if there was privacy, but there was none, as people could walk past you on the green patch of grass that was outside everyone's balcony.

That aside, the rooms were nicely designed and were clean, modern and spacious. The bed was a definitely added bonus as it was really comfy. It would be great if they had a DVD player in the room as they charge 300 baht for movies on demand. And being the monsoon season now, it would be nice to curl up in bed and watch a movie or two.

And lastly, the reason why I and I'm sure many others would not come back again is because of the terrible service. It was terrible beyond words! The receptionist could be on the phone for 10 minutes while we were right in front of her waiting to check in. And as she showed no sign of when she was going to get off the phone, (no sign gesture or anything telling us to wait or something), we just waited stupidly for her till she was done. And after that, not that we'd expect an apology, but not even a smile was given. Throughout our stay, we noticed the staff were always talking among themselves, and we always had to wait for them to wrap up their conversations before they attended to us whenever we wanted something. That said, they weren't outright rude, but they just didn't bother to nod or smile. And it definitely wasn't a good experience being stuck in a lobby waiting for the rain to stop with hostile staff as it was the monsoon season.

Breakfast was alright (choose 1 out of 3 sets). The room itself was value for money. But we won't be back again unless there was a really good offer as there're too many hotels in Phuket which offer better service and rooms at similar prices.

Room Tip: Just book the deluxe ozone room instead of deluxe seaview room. Its cheaper by 20-30 dollars and the...
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 7 October 2013

One thing about this hotel is that they expect you to know everything on your own and customer service doesn't seem to exist in their vocabulary.

We had told(emailed) them we are coming on our honeymoon to see if they would have any special arrangment or even flowers on the bed, nothing. I wasn't fussed about this but then the next morning I realized that the hotel really lacks ATTENTION TO DETAIL. After house keeping had left, we came back to find they forgot to leave us with towels, also for 2 mornings in a row, my simple order of just an omelette with onion and chilli was wrong, they either added bacon to it on the first day or they added ham on the side on the second day when I repeated my order over and over again that I do not eat ham or bacon.

customer service is non existent here, they will either look at you as you pass by or they will be on their phones busy (reception) that they miss you.

their shuttle only leaves 3 times a day, which is nothing compared to some other hotels I have stayed in Thailand, On one of the days we decided to walk up and down the hills to find some dvds to watch since we didn't want to spend 1000 baht just on transport to and from the hotel, we ended with 5 dvd's, came back with excitement to watch them and got told, 'this hotel does not have a dvd player' honestly this was sad to hear, a hotel that prides itself on being modern, yet it doesnt have a dvd player. I was told I could watch the movies on the tv in my room which was 300 baht which is $10 Australian dollars, I thought to myself, how pathetic, it costs me $2 to rent a movie in Australia and they want me to pay $10. Compared to another hotel I have stayed at in Thailand, it had a full movie library, dvd and all for free!!

I could go on, but honestly, if you are after a nice flashy room with a view and a big comfortable bed, then go for your life, but don't expect anything more from this hotel. It's going down as the worst hotel experience in my books.

Room Tip: ocean view
5  Thank eric a
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here just for a night for our anniversary day. Room was beautiful and large. Stunning view to the ocean. Breakfast place is perfect and hotel has a pool next to the restaurant where you feel it is connected to the ocean.

We met a staff named "Joe" who has "Hospitality from the Heart". We had an accident with motor cycle and came back with lots of blood on our bodies. Joe was the only staff jumped out from the reception with First Aid box to clean the scratches on our body and treated us like a family member.

We will be visiting again for sure and hope the management could maintain the hotel as it is as this is quite a new hotel. Thank you all!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#66 of 387 in Kathu
Chanalai Romantica Resort
Chanalai Romantica Resort
#6 of 55 in Kata Beach

Been to Foto Hotel? Share your experiences!