“Fantastic location, favourite with returning customers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruam Thep Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kata Beach
Ruam Thep Inn
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, favourite with returning customers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have been visiting Phuket since 2005 and I first visited this restaurant at the Ruam Thep back then it has never failed me, I use this hotel restaurant everyday while I am here and in some evenings, the staff are lovely and the owners and their family who I have become very friendly with are so accommodating and will help you out with anything you require, I know many people who stay here at the hotel and return every year with there families, a great location on the beach literally on the beach, I have spent every new year's eve here for the last 7 years and I will be here again in December 2013, whether it is lit up at night time or during the day it wont fail the views and surroundings are hard to beat, it has a great atmosphere and can get very busy during peak season, the food again is as good anywhere on the island and highly recommend the tempura prawn, Calamari and the best Pad Thai followed with an ice cold beer is a great. I have never stayed at the hotel only because I rent a bungalow long term but if I dint I would not hesitate to stay here, give it a try even if only for lunch or dinner, im sure it wont let you down.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We were really impressed with the 'Ruam Thep Inn'. It's basic but clean & perfectly located right on the beach. The bed was comfortable. We were given beach towels after requesting them, even though our 'basic' room did not include them - there was no extra cost. The shower had sufficient pressure. & hot water for us. The aircon worked perfectly. Our room backed onto the main road (hence the cheaper room, I think), but we still slept soundly. The restaurant food was good too - we ate lunch on our last day and went back for dinner as it was delicious! Wish we had tried the restaurant earlier in our stay as it was reasonably priced, good food. The staff were helpful & nothing was too much trouble. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs with a balcony - nice to relax on and view the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Legazpi, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I had been wanting to write a review on this hotel on the very first night of my stay. The staff were all friendly and they treat their guests as family. The owner was very accommodating and laid back. He is not the type who wants to impress everyone by being the owner of the resort but he impresses everyone by being a friendly owner. When I asked if they could bring a cup of hot water to my room, they bought a thermos with cups.

The place is right on the beach, you will definitely wake up at the sound of the waves. What i really love about this place is the tranquility. If you really to go beach bummin, this is the place to go if you dont want to spend a lot of money.

The rooms are a little bit old but still well maintained. The AC was okay, the water was not as strong but enough.

My only complain was my European neighbors who seemed to think that they were only the people staying in the resort. They were very loud and woke me up in the middle of the night. The owner and the staff were very apologetic of this.

I recommend this place and like Bernadette, i will be definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor to get a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ib_yang14
Paarl, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I would like to thank this hotel for a perfect stay........it is just what a person needs after been staying on Patong beach for 10 days. Great place to unwind. It is good value for money and is right on the beach. It is so peaceful and the service that we experienced was good. I don't think I would be staying at a luxury hotel again. Ruam Thep Inn had everything that we needed......A Room & A Bathroom!!!!! No more fancy hotels for me.......!!!! What more do you want....!!!! Shops are close by and there are great restaurants in the area, serving great food at Excellent prices. (especially the one just across the road from Ruam Thep Inn.)
Thank You for making my holiday a memorable experience. Will definately be staying at Ruam Thep Inn on my next visit.

Room Tip: The rooms we stayed in were....numbers 30, 31 & 32 ground floor, right on the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,092 reviews
Sugar Inn Phuket
Sugar Inn Phuket
#5 of 49 in Kata Beach

Been to Ruam Thep Inn? Share your experiences!