“Short stay but sweet”
Review of Baan Halle Hallo

Baan Halle Hallo
Ranked #13 of 65 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Sanit, his wife and Fang (sorry If i mispelled it) were awesome I only had 3 days to enjoy in Phuket, I arrived late about past midnight and the couple were there waiting. I celebrated my 36th birthday here and they were my second family. The hotel was awesome, great view from the Big Buddha on top of the hill. And the air was clean and relaxing in fact if I have a week or so I will stay here just enjoying the view.

The place can be a challenging walking distance from the beach (Karon - Kata) and there are signs everywhere where to turn left or right. I had fun on the market ground during Thursday like every item was 100baht.

I enjoyed walking from this hotel to Kata beach, people are smiling and friendly. Given the next time I would relive this moment every hour on my brain. And probably bring my friends as well. The place was like an hour from Phuket airport but it was worth it, away from the crowd and rowdy people. It's just a taxi ride from Big Buddha and Wat Chalong.

And the best part is Fang was generous to let me borrow their USB/camera cable where I could not find anything on the places I've walked through. Everything I need was in the hotel. She even arranged for my taxi transportation back to the airport and her parents greeted me happy birthday on my way home. That's professionalism, class and beyond Thai culture and other hotels can't beat that.

Room Tip: I've always been a solo traveler and in my case, experiencing the comfort is up to the guest. Y...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room is clean and large. there's a microwave, a jug of cold water(free), and 2 sets of plate. but its very far from the beach and other activities.

There is a nice restaurant not very far from "Baan Halle Hallo" thai and chinese cuisine(-I don't know its name, but the staff is mother and her daughter).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HinaKelana
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for 4 nights and had a lovely time, the owner was very helpful and polite, he arranged our pick up from the airport for 1000 bht, he also arranged us a taxi and from patong on two occasions, also booked our boat to ko lanta, nothing was too much trouble for him, gave us info in the differnt day trips available. Our room was great, big and spacious and lovely view of greenery from the balcony, also option to rent moped although seeing how people drive in phuket we decided agaisnt it, air con and free wifi was brilliant, 15 min walk from kata beach, we had two complimentary bottles of water every day

Cant fault this place one bit, the owner goes out of his way to help you in any way he can, it made our 4 days so good, would definatly recommend

Thankyou very much baan halle hallo

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnyoo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I love when I find that one great guest house in town. Of course other travellers have found and reviewed it, but still, it feels great to actually confirm that every single positive review of Baan Halle Hallo is accurate. Feels even better when you know that this is someone's labour of love.

The place is impecable (and the pictures on the site are perfect). I was coming from one wonderful resort in Gaya, via a suite in a nice hotel in Kota, and still, did not feel let down by the guest house.

One large room, with a mini-kitchen attached, one balcony, and a lovely bathroom. Everything spotless, everything tastefully decorated. You cannot go wrong.

Unless... you want a beach front hotel.

This is a guest house, some 15 minutes walk downhill to beautiful Kata beach, or some 20-25 minutes walk to stunning Kata noi. So, just make sure you know what you are getting. But if you are mobile (either enjoy walking or are happy to jump into a "taxi") you cannot go wrong with this one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcn_uk
Reviewed 23 March 2014

A lovely family hotel. The owner is very nice and helpful. I love the friendly Thai people. Big and clean bedroom, with useful facilities. Beautiful view from the balcony. Although it's by the road side, it's quiet at night. 20 mins walk to Kata and Karon beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We spend two weeks at Baan Halle Hallo. First we took just two nights, then again two nights, then again two nights and we liked so much that we took rest of our vacation. We liked a lot family who is running this hotel. They were very helpful and nice. Rooms were clean, quiet, bed was comfortable. it was modern and there was all what we needed, air condition, small kitchen, balcony,good bathroom/toilet. Hotel location was also good for us, not too "touristic" -area but still very near everything.
15 min walking to the kata beach or two minutes with motorbike/taxi/tuktuk.
We liked a lot and we can recommend this hotel to anyone.
-Emmi & Mika Finland

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmi L
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Thanks to TA we found Baan Halle Hallo - a wonderful 10-bedroom, family-run hotel. Our experience was nothing but positive...nice big, bright studio apartment (cleaned daily), great bathroom and all you need kitchen facilities (microwave, fridge, kettle). Complimentary coffee and wáter provided on a daily basis. A special thank you to the owners, Sanit and Jarinee, for making our week´s stay easy and enjoyable, they were always so willing and helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - you will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple