“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
melbourne
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Wow! This hotel is everything I hoped for and more. On arrival I was warmly greeted at reception and shown to my Pool access suite. It was a large bedroom with lovely bathroom, outdoor room, deck and grassed area. I shared a 20 metre pool with 5 other suites so most of the time I had the pool to myself!
I had planned on doing some Thai boxing training and would you believe it there was a training gym a 5 minute walk away, on the way to Kata beach, Chang Muay Thai gym.
The breakfast was good, the food was always being topped up and there was some variation each day. The only downside were the flies as the restaurant is very open with overhead fans.
I tried Elements massage and spa at the hotel and the ladies who work there were lovely, great massage too. There is a gym next to the Spa with brand new equipment.
Service around the hotel was wonderful too. The first day I had trouble with the shower and I had 4 staff members come to my room to help.
Location wise the hotel is about a ten minute walk from Kata beach and the hotel provides regular shuttles to there and Karon markets. It was actually good being a bit out of Kata as it's so busy there.
I had a wonderful time at The Palmery and I would certainly not hesitate in returning. Great, friendly staff and a lovely, new hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Skaf55

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This resort is highly recommendable! Stayed here for 4 nights & i can truly say it was one of the best holidays we've ever had. Resort is very modern & clean, staff are very friendly, good location. We stayed at their pool access suite and it felt like we owned the villa :) The good thing about their resort is that there are multiple pools so it doesn't feel crowded. It's about 10mins walk to the beach but you shouldnt worry as they have a free shuttle to the beach. The resort is also surrounded with good restaus & massage places. Value for money! Will definitely come back :)

**there would just be some small insects outside our room but didn't bother us**

Room Tip: choose pool access rooms :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stay at 'The Palmery Resort & Spa' for 4 nights. We were here for our special day, our 1st Wedding Anniversary. One of the best decision's made through the entire trip to Thailand. We booked ourselves for the Deluxe Pool Access Room, the room was just stunning. Beautiful white clean interior's with a tranquil blue pool right outside your room, complete with sun lounger beds. Just perfect for a intimate stay if that's what couples are looking for. The Hotel staff is very helpful and gracefully accommodate all our requests. Specially Ms. Panadda, the front office manager was extremely helpful. Everything was just perfect, even if I try really hard to look for a flaw I got nothing ! And that should not be too difficult for us as both me and my husbands work with international brand of Hotel. Hoteliers are the most difficult to please but this hotel pulled it off. I an extremely greatful to the staff of the hotel for the service and attention we received. Thank you so much for a wonderfully memorable stay :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

My friends and i stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. I must congratulate the entire team at this hotel. From the time we entered, to helping us with sight seeing options, assistance with currency exchange, spa, food and beverage till the time we checked out, everything was just perfect. I would like to particularly appreciate and acknowledge the front office staff for allocating such wonderful rooms and also for their professionalism and warmth. My friends and I were really looking forward to this trip after some rough days at work and the staff at the Palmery resort ensures that we got the experience. I would strongly recommend this hotel mainly for its service and product and is also very conveniently located. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank raoabh
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I registered just to be able to leave a review.

We just returned form spending 14 nights at Palmery and truly loved the experience.
We where upgraded to a Villa suite and this was truly appreciated.
The total experience of the hotel was incredible, yes with such a new hotel there will be a few teething problems. But if you take this into account and realise where you are, then the time spent here is great.

The staff is always willing to help, even with there lack of English, Amy at elements spa made our stay that much better. Always willing to help and went that extra mile to make our stay pleasant.

The only issue is the lack of imagination with breakfast, the only item that changed was a few dishes. Besides this the food is good and fresh fruit and salad each day.

As for the restaurant we only dined there once and preferred to eat at a time place across the road to left of the hotel called the Red Thai Restaurant. Fresh juices and great food with amazing prices.
We also found an amazing seafood place on Kata Beach called Lobster and Prawn near Kata Poolside resort. Good fresh seafood, good cheap prices.

All in all the time spent at Palmery was amazing, the staff always friendly and willing to help with a smile. If we had to go back to Phuket this would be the first resort I check for vacancy's.

Thank you Palmery especially Panadda for all the help with our stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a Pool Villa
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I loved it here. A few little hiccups but sorted out fairly painfully. Smiling and talking to talking to these beautiful people helps. They do have a bit to learn but considering the hotel is only 7 months old, they are not doing too bad. The room was awesome, 10 steps from bed straight into pool, couldn't have asked for better. Pool size great for a session in the gym followed by a few laps in pool. It was immaculate. A short walk to beach and shops wasn't a problem as I enjoyed the little bit of exercise. I actually asked about all the Chinese tour groups, was explained to me about being low season etc. No a problem at all. Would have been a little different if on my own. Sam the bar tender was great, we enjoyed our happy hour chats with him. The only negative I have was the breakfast. Food often ran out. Not enough fruit
Tea and coffee not good. Ate in restaurant a couple of nights, great but on our own in restaurant. If going back to this hotel, probably go different time of year when busier, better atmosphere. All in all, I loved it
If they would like any suggestions on how to make it even better, they can just ask me. This accommodation was just what I needed for my first 'chilled, week in Thailand

Room Tip: Requested upgrade to pool access. Definitely worth the little extra money
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here a few days mid-August with a deluxe or superior room (Forgotten) that had pool access. From the outside, it gives a modern feel. The staff is very friendly & hospitable. Most of whom can communicate in basic english. I guess good enough to understand what you want to say. My room was impeccable. I had a king-size bed, personal couch, a bath tub/toilet that had only a glass window to separate it from the bed itself. The pool was awesome! It did not smell of chlorine & it was clean. The water wasn't too cold & you could swim til kingdom come as long as you don't create so much racket. The only downside is, the staff loves to gawk when you sunbathe in all your swimsuit glory. It gave an uncomfortable feel especially the room I was assigned in. It had pool access but it was facing the garden with a bar where guests could dine & a few meters away, you could see the street which was seldomly passed by vehicles & people. However, passersby on this street could see you & one or two would literally stop & enjoy the scene with you being the main subject. It's not a nice feeling. No privacy on this side for all rooms. So if you can, try not to book a room facing the garden with the bar. The only advantage to this is you don't have a room opposite yours with pool access too. That way, you don't have to share the "pool space" if you know what I mean. Guests who also end up chilling at the bar have you as something they can set their eyes on while having a drink or eating their meal. Definitely, not pleasant!!!

What I love about this place is that it is surrounded by a lot of eateries & simple shops. It is definitely cheaper to eat outside than at the resort (Which I tried but I'll get to that later). There are also mini-groceries that sell all your toiletry needs (That's if those provided by the resort does not suit your needs). It is a 10 minute walk to the beach. It's not that far & if you walk further along, you'll discover more restaurants offering international cuisines, a line of massage parlors, boutiques & bars. It's quite safe to walk at night though I never tried going past 12am.

Mine came with a free buffet breakfast. Food was standard. Nothing so special but helps when you plan to be out & about the whole day. The dining area was a bit hot as sun can totally shine on certain areas (Pity you if the only available table had a spotlight on). There were the occasional annoying flies. I think management should do something about this. What a shame!

I took their airport transfer which was a bit steep price-wise. And for a price like that, you would expect a comfortable ride. Well, NOT totally. Car was ok. Driver was friendly. The airconditioning sucked! I was sweating a bit. I didn't have time to have a change in transport. Quite disappointing.

As for the rooms, some areas of it needed repair. Like in my room, the hook where you hang your towel or robe is totally loose & can turn 360 degrees. The shower drain would clog up slowly. I think management should check on this.

Room service was ok. There was just the challenging part of making them understand what you wanted to order. The menu was mostly western with some Thai food. A bit pricey though. However, the food was fantastic! I enjoyed eating my dinner by my own pool. The staff who serviced it was not at all that helpful. She either totally neglected my request of laying the food by the pool or just didn't understood what I wanted & instead placed it near the dresser.

Every place has its pros & cons. After that being said, I would definitely stay here again. It's a good place for family with kids, friends (Not too rowdy) & newly weds.

Room Tip: Try not to book rooms that (1) do not face the garden bar so diners & drinkers won't have yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
#9 of 132 in Karon
The Blue Pearl Kata Hotel
The Blue Pearl Kata Hotel
#30 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to The Palmery Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!