“Not a Four Star” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Palmery Resort And Spa
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
“Not a Four Star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at the palmery and have had a bad experience thus far. The service is poor and the bathroom shower is absolutely revolting. It has mould all over the floor edge that has been there so long it's pitch black. To top it all off the shower was blocked and flooded this morning. I asked for another room with a better shower only to be told the hotel is fully booked so we are stuck with the disgusting mouldy blocked shower!!! I still have 4 days to go in room 6107 and I hope something improves as I am very miserable at the moment. Upon check in we were only given one key card and wen I asked for another, they advised as they are fully booked they can only provide 1 card per room. This is not a four star hotel, furniture is worn, marks on the wall, bugs in the rooms. I am so disappointed. It has potential but service and cleanliness is letting them down terribly. Some pics of furniture attached.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had 4 great nights at the Palmery. The rooms are big, modern and clean. Showing some signs of wear and tear but that is to be expected. A bit of a walk from the beach so we had to either use the hotel shuttle or grab a tuk tuk which is very easy. Breakfast was fairly average but we still really liked the hotel.

Room Tip: Pool access is great, but be careful with kids as they can easily unlock the doors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nadine M
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here two nights Pool View Bedroom recommend the pool access room , but it is better suited for quiet relaxation . Breakfast good variety . Night has a small bar near several hotels. Travel difficult for those without cars. However, there is a beach shuttle every 2 hours near the major attractions. Near Chalong Bay for island tours.
Overall was good money.

Room Tip: Pool View Room and walk far older than the Pool Access Room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Noom_Mixer
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Wow! This hotel is everything I hoped for and more. On arrival I was warmly greeted at reception and shown to my Pool access suite. It was a large bedroom with lovely bathroom, outdoor room, deck and grassed area. I shared a 20 metre pool with 5 other suites so most of the time I had the pool to myself!
I had planned on doing some Thai boxing training and would you believe it there was a training gym a 5 minute walk away, on the way to Kata beach, Chang Muay Thai gym.
The breakfast was good, the food was always being topped up and there was some variation each day. The only downside were the flies as the restaurant is very open with overhead fans.
I tried Elements massage and spa at the hotel and the ladies who work there were lovely, great massage too. There is a gym next to the Spa with brand new equipment.
Service around the hotel was wonderful too. The first day I had trouble with the shower and I had 4 staff members come to my room to help.
Location wise the hotel is about a ten minute walk from Kata beach and the hotel provides regular shuttles to there and Karon markets. It was actually good being a bit out of Kata as it's so busy there.
I had a wonderful time at The Palmery and I would certainly not hesitate in returning. Great, friendly staff and a lovely, new hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Skaf55
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This resort is highly recommendable! Stayed here for 4 nights & i can truly say it was one of the best holidays we've ever had. Resort is very modern & clean, staff are very friendly, good location. We stayed at their pool access suite and it felt like we owned the villa :) The good thing about their resort is that there are multiple pools so it doesn't feel crowded. It's about 10mins walk to the beach but you shouldnt worry as they have a free shuttle to the beach. The resort is also surrounded with good restaus & massage places. Value for money! Will definitely come back :)

**there would just be some small insects outside our room but didn't bother us**

Room Tip: choose pool access rooms :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stay at 'The Palmery Resort & Spa' for 4 nights. We were here for our special day, our 1st Wedding Anniversary. One of the best decision's made through the entire trip to Thailand. We booked ourselves for the Deluxe Pool Access Room, the room was just stunning. Beautiful white clean interior's with a tranquil blue pool right outside your room, complete with sun lounger beds. Just perfect for a intimate stay if that's what couples are looking for. The Hotel staff is very helpful and gracefully accommodate all our requests. Specially Ms. Panadda, the front office manager was extremely helpful. Everything was just perfect, even if I try really hard to look for a flaw I got nothing ! And that should not be too difficult for us as both me and my husbands work with international brand of Hotel. Hoteliers are the most difficult to please but this hotel pulled it off. I an extremely greatful to the staff of the hotel for the service and attention we received. Thank you so much for a wonderfully memorable stay :-)

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

My friends and i stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. I must congratulate the entire team at this hotel. From the time we entered, to helping us with sight seeing options, assistance with currency exchange, spa, food and beverage till the time we checked out, everything was just perfect. I would like to particularly appreciate and acknowledge the front office staff for allocating such wonderful rooms and also for their professionalism and warmth. My friends and I were really looking forward to this trip after some rough days at work and the staff at the Palmery resort ensures that we got the experience. I would strongly recommend this hotel mainly for its service and product and is also very conveniently located. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013
#20 of 56 in Kata Beach
The Yama Hotel Phuket
The Yama Hotel Phuket
#9 of 132 in Karon

Been to The Palmery Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!