My wife and I returned yesterday from the most wonderful holiday staying in the best hotel in Thailand. We stayed in one of the pool villas. It was wonderful having our own pool and a superb view over the beach. Sadly the Villas will be demolished with the renovations We attended the Thai cooking class on the Sunday and it was outstanding. We were taught how to prepare a range of Thia dishes by Rattana the Sous Chef. She teaches with patience and understanding, particularly with the challenge of translating into English. Take her advice and don't eat too much of the dishes you prepare because included in the price is lunch. It was a wonderful experience and my wife is currently out shopping for ingredients for dinner she will prepare tonight for our family. Don't miss the opportunity to attend this class and its not only for the ladies. The staff are wonderful friendly people who at all times are working hard to make your stay trouble free and enjoyable. We took the opportunity to have them arrange transport to and from the Hotel and whilst a little more expensive than a taxi it is great to be met at the front of the airport by a Hotel staff member when you arrive and even nicer when you depart there he is again arranging the transport of your bags to the book in desk. confirming your bookings and then escorting you as far as the international departures lounge. Staff are very excited about the renovations and I am sure they will resolve some of the complaints guests have about the property being a bit dated. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach