Check in was great and we were taken into the lounge which overlooks Kata Beach where the General Manager introduced herself to us. A nice touch - I was impressed to start with. Our room was on the ground floor where we stepped out to the pool area and beach access. The bed was huge in fact too big and really uncomfortable - too hard for me. It really encroached on the space. The bathroom was compact with modern clean lines but unfortunately did not have a bath. I believe a bath is essential for a property of this price. (AUD260+ per night) It is lovely to soak in the bath at the end of the day. The facilities in the room were fine. Coffee lovers will like the coffee machine however we did not use it. The buffet breakfast was limited and the same each day and you choose your main from the a la carte menu again it was limited for a long stay. I found the staff to be friendly and nice but didn't explain what to do and stood around and chatted a lot of the time. I would say breakfast was the busiest meal of the day. The Re Kata Beach Club was great and the pool area the best. Fantastic music played all day as you sat in the sun by the horizon pool and then at night out came large cubes and seats that they lit up. Very pretty. The beach area was good and the staff attentive bringing cold water and nibbles during the day. My husband had booked the 2 day cooking class but it was not of the standard they all expected. The chef was not a good teacher and they were most disappointed and cancelled the second day. A bottle of wine was in our room at the end of the day. Again a nice touch. It was disappointing that the Beach Club did not attract people at night time. We were told that it was a quiet time however the hotel was full as we had to change rooms on the last night. There are only about 38 rooms so it puts it into perspective. The second room we had was upstairs and next to the main airconditioning vent so was noisy. As it was only one night it was OK. We checked on the cost of the hotel transfer to the airport and it was double the cost the same company charges. You are better contacting the company directly. It leaves a bad taste really. We had a complimentary massage the hotel offer in their spa and when we went for it they tried to get us to purchase a longer session. Overall we enjoyed our stay as we have been to Kata Beach before but we were disappointed with the hotel as it is expensive and didn't live up to the hype.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach