What a gem of a hotel! We've found that it's difficult to find a great hotel in Phuket, especially in the reasonable price range. This hotel has so much going for it:
1) It's on the beach, which is surprisingly rare for Phuket.
2) Kata beach is one of the prettiest beaches in Phuket. It's got soft white sand and the Bay is lovely. The beach can get busy, but the hotel is right on the end of it, and a bit quieter. There are a few restaurants on the beach just next door, so one can stroll along the beach to dinner.
3) The hotel is clean and modern. The rooms face away from any noise, so they are quiet.
4) The beach club - Re Ka Ta - is fantastic. It's modern and funky with a clean infinity pool and cocktail specials every afternoon.
5) The hotel and the beach are west facing - direct view of a sunset over water!
6) We were spoilt at the beach: the beach boys set out the loungers every day, keep them clean, and keep refilling the glasses with free mineral water. They also hand out cool refresher towels and fuit sticks - what a value add!
7) Both restaurants serve superb food. I am still daydreaming about the crepes with Grand Marnier and mango.
8) Breakfast is plentiful and tasty. It's served until past 10am, so there is no need to wake up early on holiday.
9) Staff is helpful and friendly. We felt very welcome everywhere we went.
There really isn't much we didn't enjoy about the hotel. The spa is rather pricey, but on par with other hotels in Phuket (it's cheaper to get a massage on the beach). The bathroom has a glass window into the room. There was a blind to cover most of it, but it was still possible to see into the bathroom from the room, which would bother guests that prefer privacy. There is also no fitness centre, which one would expect to find in a 5* hotel, however with the beach and warm water right in front of the hotel I don't think a gym is necessary.
If we go back to Phuket I won't consider any place except Boathouse!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach