My husband and I has a last minute opportunity to have a last minute holiday and Phuket was the destination that came up trumps as direct flight from Sydney was an imperative. Having not been to Phuket before we were concerned about not staying somewhere too touristy and after some help with trip advisor and some other sites we decided that Kata would be the best place to start the holiday from and from there we found Boathouse.
After the 9 hr flight picked up at the airport and delivered to the hotel, the staff were welcoming and we were just pleased to make it. I booked 4 nights at green season rates which are an absolute bargain for what we got. We booked superior sea view and when we saw we were over the restaurant we asked the 1st morning if we could move to a better sea view and we were happily accommodated. I extended by 1 night cause we were so happy with the location, facilities and great staff. As green season is not too busy and the tides full the beachfront was not too busy so we were really looked after by the guys on the beach who would pour us water, bring fresh fruit sticks and sweep the sand off our sun lounges while we were in swimming.
We found the beds comfortable, not something you always get in Asian hotels for soft westeners, very clean, great housekeeping staff, the breakfasts in re ka ta stunning and the views fabulous. I was training for a half marathon so got early for a run a couple of times and had beautiful runs to karon but the humidity a killer but great to get out while all was quiet.
I could go on for ever on how much we enjoyed our stay but we headed to phi phi for a new adventure. So to wrap up, Fabulous boutique hotel for first time phuketers, honeymooners, chilled out tourists. THe only negative is nothing to do with the hotel only perhaps some folks who stay are over enthusiastic and not as chilled as the hotel deserves and a little noisy just as one was drifting off to sleep....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach