This is a nice small hotel located directly at the beach in Kata, Phuket. Very personalized service, staff very friendly and welcoming.
Groundfloor plus 2 floors. The rooms are small to medium size and have everything you need. The bed, linen and pillows comfortable. The bathroom clean with sink, shower and toilet. Suites available. Rooms are serviced twice a day, fresh towels. Writing desk and enough storage room. Free Internet everywhere. Peaceful for good sleep. A few steps and you are on the beach. The beach management under Mr. Noom is excellent, very attentive, cold water, fruit skewers at noon. There were always enough loungers .
The bay is beautiful by nature, half-moon shaped, about 2,5 km walking distance in total. Swimming in the warm andaman sea is mostly possible/ sometimes not because of high waves. Then there is not much you can do, as there is no pool for swimming on the premises and no Gym.
Nearby scooters, paragliding, boats for excursions.
On the groundfloor a restaurant and a bistro- read separate review on restaurant.
Guests are predominantly british and scandinavian.
Now to the less pleasant sides:
Phuket attracts every year more cheap flights and is overcrowded, infrastructure lacking.
Mostly russian guests, who are often rude, uncommunicative and arrogant to kind thai people.
Behind the Boathouse a quite narrow road with a constant flow of motorcycles, cars, trucks and mostly no walkways- you risk at least your legs....ridiculous electrical wires, partly hanging down, bad smell.
so try to stay inside or on the beach to really enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach