Our family of 5 + one Grandma went for 3 nights (kids aged 10, 9, and 7) - our first visit to Phuket.
3 THINGS WE LOVED about Boathouse:
1- smack-dab on Kata Beach: simply walk two steps and you're on the Boathouse section of Kata Beach. With lounge chairs and umbrellas reserved for guests only.
2- beach/pool service: set-up of loungers/umbrellas to your liking; beach & poolside food/drink service; ice-cold towels, ice bucket w/bottled water, and fruit kabobs regularly offered
3- breakfast included: lovely cafe w/great view and tasty menu
3 JUST SO-SO THINGS about Boathouse:
1- no hair conditioner: seems like a small thing, but when you're trying to wash all the sun, salt, and sand from your daughter's hair - shampoo alone isn't enough
2- a bit expensive: thankfully breakfast was included, but otherwise the restaurant was a bit pricey as well as the hotel, and although clean, you can see a bit of age - but you get a great location and beach/pool service for your money
Service: although friendly, front desk service left a little to be desired, it was easier to go to the front desk as needed. Poolside/beach service was fantastic.
Value: you are certainly paying for location
Rooms: although very pleasant, this isn't a quintessential Thai experience (hardly anything in Phuket is it seems). We stayed in comfortable (not spacious), joining Superior Seaview rooms (312 & 314) that had glimpses of the sea, but no matter - we were hardly in our rooms. Our rooms were on the opposite side of the hotel, which is preferable since the pool turns into a sort of nightclub/lounge in the evenings.
Cleanliness: clean, but a tiny bit of age is starting to show
Location: 40ish minutes from the airport; town is steps away; right on the beach
It was a great place for the kids.
Kata Beach has lovely sand, and all sorts of water activities (parasailing, ski-doos, thai long boats, stand-up paddle boarding, etc.) available. There are many local restaurants serving all sorts of food from Thai to western at very reasonable prices (and very yummy). Take a stroll along the beach and you'll find beachside massages suitable for the whole family (my 10yo had her first massage).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world's best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Boathouse Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- The Boathouse Phuket Kata Beach