My Wife and I travelled to Thailand in (end of) October 2013. We were attending a friend's wedding in Thailand. I am a TA contributor and did my research before hand. So i came across Kata Palm and reviews suggested it was a great deal. The wedding party and all other guests stayed at Katathani resort, we opted to be on our own in Kata beach which is close enough.
I will try and keep to the facts:
The location of the Hotel is nice, it is tucked away from the busy road in Kata and we never had a problem with noise etc.. The walk to the beacj took about 10minutes to get to the Kata Palm Sunloungers. But only 5min to the start of the beach. You have to walk around the wall of Club Med's useless sport facility/mini golf course.
On arrival, we were greeted politely and received a refreshing cold tee of sorts. Our bag were taken and the lady at the front desk told we would be able to check in an hour (we arrived early morning).
After an Hour walking in Kata and looking at the shops there, we returned and went to our room (203) close to the front of the resort. The room was lovley, aircon was working 100% (believe me its hot in Thailand, so this is a must). Evrything in the room was fine and we could ask for more!! The blinds are nice and thick and on days when we wanted to sleep in we never saw the sun..but this almost caught us out on trip days, so just take note.
The bathroom had only a shower in it, but suited us. The shower was really nice, and nothing broke leaked or was dirty!
The Tv has some English Channels with Series and Movies, if you like soccer there is alot of soccer channels.
So the breakfast were really nice, a good variety of Thai and Western food. Our accommodation included buffet Breakfast. There were pancakes, waffles, cereal, fruit, bacon, eggs, omelettes etc.. Enough for anyone. It was really good quality and variety!
The Restaurant in the front does Al' carte and on some days they do Buffet with Live Music! We ate here on the Buffet evening, the food was ok, we ate alot and enjoyed it.
*One of the managers (cant remember her name) phoned me earlier and arranged a birthday cake for my wife (free of Charge) this was a really nice touch, i did not even request this, Kata Palm took the initiative!! Thanks for this!!
The staff were always friendly and we felt at home here. They always greeted us with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. The towels were changed daily with no exceptions, they were always clean and pressed.
This is definatley a great choice Hotel in Kata Beach. The value for money compared to other Hotels is excellent. The food is good, rooms are adequate, staff friendly!! If every we return to Thailand/Kata i would stay here again!!!
We are from South Africa, so the conversion rate was about 3.00Baht for 1.00Rand. Nothing compared to what the Europeans were getting. So this is a great Hotel for Saffas.
Just to give some extra info, Taxi services to and from Kata to Karon, Patong, Katanoi are as follows (please note this is the taxi's outside the Hotel)
Kata - Katanoi 200Baht
Kata - Karon 300Baht
Kata - Patong 400Baht
Another Tip when you stay in Kata, when you want to buy snack or colddrinks. Dont buy from anywhere else than 7Eleven (which is on your way to the beach anyway). The other shops close to the beach charge alot extra!!
Shops at the beach charged 75Baht fro a bag of chips, and 25baht for a 330ml coke . 7Eleven charged 30Baht for chips and 17Baht for 500ml coke water was about 7Baht for 500ml.
So its pretty much double at other stores!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach