“Good location”

Kata Palm Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The resort is just a few minutes walk from the beach. Location is good - lot of eating places and small shops around. The rooms are comfortable, a bit small though. They upgraded us on our arrival which was quite nice of them.the balcony of the room opened on the swimming pool and had a nice cozy feel to it. The pool itself meanders through the property. Overall good stay, the breakfast was a let down.
If your purpose of traveling to Phuket is partying primarily, then better location would be patong beach area. Kata is a small quiet beach, lively surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SnehaArora
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights with 2 children ages 2 and 3 and my mother in law, we had interconnecting rooms which were joined via a door on the balcony, great for our situation but not sure how this would be for families with young children needing more than one room. Overall the hotel was good but not great. The pool is lovely and the toddler pool was ideal. The food in the resort is average, breakfast was hit and miss, as was the room service. The room was clean when we arrived but when you are there for 6 nights it would be nice if they changed the sheet at least once! The child's cot was not great and if I had know this I would have been better off taking my own. They gym was a waste of time as none of the cardio equipment worked properly and the weights were ancient, but I loved this as an excuse to skip a couple of workouts! Location wise this hotel is great, beach is about a 5 minute walk, there are plenty of restaurants around the resort to choose from and lots of shopping near by. A special mention the the head concierge/ porter, I have forgotten his name but he was by far the friendliest most helpful or them all! Overall I would say this hotel is good value for money, if you can find a great rate then you will be happy, but you need to remember you get what you pay for, you will be happy if you are here on a budget!

Room Tip: Make sure you buy a can of Baygon from 7-11, the mosquitoes will be in your room every night!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kylie P
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here with out two sons and my parents over Christmas. Even though it's the busy season the staff was very accommodating. The location is right on a Main Street in Kata. The woman at the tour desk is incredibly helpful and gave some excellent recommendations for restaurants, tours, spas and cooking class. The pool and buffet breakfast are nice too. Overall good value considering it is the peak season.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank amzngrace917
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Great hotel.

Accommodates families fantastically well. We were a convoy of around 20 people, both friends and family, and it was the perfect location for our reunion. Some of us are english and some australian so it was a meet in the middle location for us all.

Staff were fantastic. Not so good English but you can't really expect that in Thailand.

Buffet breakfasts were great - chef would cook you up some fresh poached eggs in a morning which was brilliant. It is a continental buffet style breakfast so there was some strange foods but continental is never 100% to a persons taste anyway. Definitely something there for everyone.

Great location - 5 min walk from the beach and away from local bars and restaurants. Beach was beautiful and local food was great.

Can get a tuk tuk (I think that's what they were called) to Bangalore Road which is freakin crazy!! So much fun!!

Can book trips locally too which pick you up directly from hotel - Phi Phi island is phenomenal. Do not miss that if your in the area!!!

Pool is gorgeous at hotel with a bar serving cocktails that you can swim or walk up to. They put the cost on your tab so you don't need to carry money with you around the pool!

Low cost and bedrooms are really great! Seriously I would recommend this place to anyone I truly had the time of my life here :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PHunt23
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed at Kata Palm with our 2 year old boy for 3 days in October...It was the best resort in our entire Thailand trip.
The decor was rich, lovely spacious rooms, neat & clean linen, good WiFi, breakfast was big and awesome, Kata beach was walk-able though the resort had shuttle services...and the best being The Pool...Resort was perfect for us, very glad we chose these hotel and would definitely love to return one day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the reception, else you will end up walking a bit!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RemyaRaj
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've heard of this hotel quite a lot but this is my first time stay here. This place quite surprised me because by the location for some tourists might not happy with Kata Palm Resort & Spa. But for me it's ok because when I went inside the lobby area and walk into the hotel area the atmosphere was so great. Very green by lots of tree, I think that why it's not too hot. And the room so clean, I was impress everyday I stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Kata Palm exceeded my expectations on nearly every front! From the moment we checked in, as part of a party of 11 people, our room was huge, the bathroom amazing, the balcony with poolviews great, the cot with mozzie net for baby was perfect, the kind size bed for the adults and they even had a little anti-mozzie vapourizer for which they left refills each day. In any case, there were very few mozzies!

The wide ranging buffet breakfast was great and really set us up for big days, every day! The hotel decor was authentic thai and the front of house and housekeeping staff were very polite and helpful.

In the rooms, the 6 litre water bottles available for 600ThBhat (equivalent to $2 aussie) were really handy, and they left a couple of complimentary small water bottles each day. NB. The tap water was fine - we brushed our teeth using tap water each day, but preferred bottled water for drinking and babies bottles.

The enormous variety of pool settings, including the kiddie pool, swim-up bar and the bubblers kept my kids amused and me refreshed.

The hotel is well located to amenities, (except the extortionately priced convenience store next door - avoid that!) and it is about a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Overall, the service and friendly staff are this resort's best assets. I would love to stay here again and really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of Kata Beach generally.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room - try to get one closer to the front of the hotel and on floors one or two...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family