I have never been to Kata beach when I was travelling to Phuket. On my recent visit, I split my stay into two beaches. 2 nights here in Kata and the rest was in Patong.
So, I would like to give a try by staying here. How to get to this hotel from the airport?
It cost me THB 900 one way per taxi. I did check all the taxi company on arrival and the price was the same as some reviewer on TA said it was vary. However, for those of you who are looking for cheaper option, you can book online prior to you arrival at this website: phukettaxi.com .It will cost you THB 790 oneway per taxi. Not that cheap I guess.
So, arrived at the hotel around 17:00. Quick respond by the concierge staffs. First impression of the hotel was beautiful thai architecture, open lobby but small reception desk. Greeted by the staffs along with welcome drinks. Staffs were very attentive. Explained everything about the hotel. Free wifi for 2 devices per room.
Check in done, very smooth and friendly welcomed. Proceed to our room. We booked pool access room. What a nice surprise!!! The room was beautifully decorated for honeymoon theme. Really appreciate that.
We tried the breakfast. It was ok. Nothing wow about it.
It was less than 10mins walking to the beach. However, Karon beach is nicer and cleaner compare to Kata but Kata beach is quieter.
On our departure to stay in Patong beach, we used the hotel taxi. It cost THB 400 one way per taxi. It is the same price actually for those of you who might be looking any taxi on the street.
Will I go back to stay at this hotel?
It's a big yes for the hotel but not for Kata beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach