I stayed in the resort with my mother and daughter for our first holiday in Phuket. The room was clean and spacious with a great view over the pool areas. The pool and grounds were beautifully maintained and an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of everyday street life. The staff were friendly and tried their best to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our stay there. We loved the foyer area where we would often relax while waiting to be picked up by taxi's for shows or days out. It was quiet at night even with most rooms occupied. We especially loved the lovely, diminutive manager who seemed to take a shine to my mother and went out of her way every morning to find us in the breakfast restaurant and talk to us.... she was very sweet!
When you walk out to the street if you turn left you have a lots of restaurants and markets to choose from, plus the beach access is just down the road. Turn right and there are even more shops and restaurants to choose from. It's not Patong but that was perfect as far as we were concerned. However, if you want to be closer to Patong, this may not be the resort for you (although it wasn't that far away by taxi). It's about a 15 minute drive from Patong (one hour from the airport). But there are plenty of taxi's available from the resort, or if you want a little bit cheaper you only have to walk a short way up or down the street to find a tuk tuk or taxi willing to take you anywhere... just remember to barter them down if you think they're going to charge you too much! Mind you, most drivers were happy to take you somewhere and sit around waiting for you so they could take you home again.... that's service!
Overall we were very happy with our stay there and would stay there again and I would recommend the resort to any families thinking of staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach