Stayed here for 10 nights in July 2014. 3000 THB deposit to be paid upon check in.
Room very nice. Large and clean. Large bed, day bed, TV, Tea & coffee, mini bar, fridge, safe, hairdryer. If you want bedding for the day bed then you have to pay extra per night as they classed it as an extra bed however we had paid extra for a room with this bed in and think bedding should have been included. Also beds are so hard - I didnt get a full nights sleep and by the morning ached all over. We did ask reception for a mattress topper but never received one.
The bathroom is amazing - hugh shower and hugh stone tub with waterfall taps.
You get 2 bottles of water free each day.
Air-con not the best - took ages to get the room cold.
Pools are great. There are 4 pools in total. 2 x kids pool, 1 x large pool and a wrap around/stream pool. There are two swim up bars.
Wi fi is free and accessable all over the hotel you just need to get access codes from reception.
Breakfast is very good - Tea, Coffee, juice, egg bar, bacon, pancakes, toast, jams, danish pastry, asian food, cereal, fruit.
Lunch restaurant is by the pool and very convenient. Great food and resonable prices.
Dinner - the hotel has a buffet twice a week - 400thb adult and 200thb child. Wouldnt recommend the buffet as food not the best, not that much variety and over priced but they also have thai dancers who are very good. Probably better to get a drink at the bar and watch the dancing then go onto another restaurant after.
Location of hotel is great - 10 mins to the beach. In middle of the strip. Go out of hotel and turn left to the beach, shops and restaurants. Also go out the hotel and turn right for lots more bars, restaurants and shops and a starbucks.
Lobby is very pretty all lite up of a night time.
Staff in the hotel are very nice and friendly.
Also to the right of the hotel is Dino Park - brilliant crazy golf course set in a jungle setting with dinasours and a volcano - great for all ages.
Can get tuk tuks right outside of hotel - Everywhere we went it was 200thb.
All in all its a lovely hotel but the beds are very uncomfortable and at the end of the holiday even though we were sad to leave Phuket we couldnt wait to sleep in a comfortable bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa is your perfect choice of your great and memorable holiday - provides high quality rooms, facilities, services, great and easy access to the beach with a short walking distance – 5 minutes, or get free shuttle service to the beach where we provide free sunbed & umbrella, close to shopping center, restaurant and bars. Our resort features 184 guest rooms, 2 large free-form swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 restaurants and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kata Palm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Palm Resort And Spa
- Kata Palm Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Palm Resort & Spa Phuket/Kata Beach