“A sunny day at kata beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kata Beach

and up
Oasis Sky Breeze Spa: Kata Beach in Phuket Including Transfers
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This cozy, secluded beach features calm waters and is a favorite for families and couples to relax, snorkel and body surf.
rachaburi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A sunny day at kata beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

In the afternoon of a sunny day at kata beach, The weather was very hot for me, I hided myself in Coffe Talk air condition room,it was cool and very comfortable. Enjoyed ice coffee and take a rest until late in the afternoon, I went out happily to work .

Visited March 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Just awful ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This place might have been great once upon a time, but not anymore. The beach was packed with tourists and the water was filled with garbage. Walking on the street you only see the locals in the shops, the rest are just tourists.

If you still want the tourist part, locals selling you stuff on the beach, restaurants everywhere and a nice beach - go to Koh Samui. It is much, much better than Kata. I will never go back to Kata if I don't have to.

3 Thank Enlita
Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Trash Washed Up on the Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

When I first saw Kata Beach, I thought it was nice. Big half-crescent beach, pretty sand, not too many hawkers, not too much of a "party scene." But that was until I had a standard of comparison.

For the best experience, go to Raya/Rasha/Racha Island for great beach and snorkeling: squeaky clean white sand, crystal clear water and lots of colorful fish. My boat was filled with Chinese tourists, but the safety instructions are thankfully in English. When I went back to Kata Beach the next day after experiencing Raya, I realized how slimy and dirty the water is there – and how much trash had washed up onto the shore – what on earth was I swimming in? So the next day I hot-footed it back to beautiful Raya and enjoyed myself immensely.

And note - Kata Beach in “hot” season is exactly that – hot, muggy and leaves you covered in sweat -- major uncomfortable: you’ve been warned, fellow travelers!

1 Thank Susie H
Vancouver Island, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Take a miss on this beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

So much garbage washing up on the beach I would avoid if possible. I would imagine this place is so exploited during high season. Avoid the high sales pitch from the tourist info people it is just a scam for a timeshare interview.

Ogden, Utah
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“not really a fan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Kata beach is not terrible i think it just depends on what you are looking for. I think that if you are a couple looking for romance or to unwind there are better options. This beach is pack with chairs that you have to pay for. There are people walking around selling trinkets and what not, and the water and sand is pretty packed. Again it is not TERRIBLE, its just not really what i would prefer. I like Mai Khao much better

1 Thank amanda h