“Very enjoyable!”

Chanalai Flora Resort
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 14 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Serene Resort at the end of our 6 week holiday through Thailand, Cambodia and Viet Nam.
We booked the hotel using www.wotif.com, and got our room for about 1500 bht per night, which for the time of year (late November) was pretty reasonable.
The room was spacious enough, with a great view out over the pools to the ocean.
The room had all you need, with air-con, cable TV, safe and mini bar.
The pools at this hotel are very nice, with the lower one being more suited to family swimming with the kids, and the upper being more for adults (deeper, quieter, nicer).
The hotel is nicely located a couple mins walk from Kata beach, and all the local bars and restaurants.
Very handy.
The breakfast was very nice, with a good selection which changed slightly from day to day.
The breakfast restaurant has a nice outlook over the pools and garden area as well.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly.
One suggestion to all that say that the staff were rude or unhelpful... Generally we found in Thailand (as in Cambodia and Viet Nam), most locals/staff treat you the same way you treat them.
Respect them and be friendly and you will find that that they respect you and are friendly back.
(Loosing your temper is often seen as a sign of weakness).
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for good value accommodation in an absolutely stunning location.
I look forward to staying at the Serene Resort again when we come back to Phuket!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MysteriousD
muek, Manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2010

Thank you very much for your review. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back very soon

Jimmy R/ Customer Relation Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2010

This place was advised by a travel agent, but was really disapointing. Too expensive for what they offer. First night was horrible. Bathroom was old and dirty, watertap was attached by the plumming only... Airconditioning was allmost not working and I think they knew because there was an extra key for the power so the aircon was allready on. When I returned after several hours it was still hot in the room. That night I used the toilet and it keeps flushing...... Changed room at 5.00 am after a attempted "repair" and an argument at the desk. I never get angry but this time I was really angry. The other room was a bit better, aircon was working normally and did not need the extra key to keep it running. I was not the only one to complain, there was also a lady complaining about her aircon not working. The staff was really rude to her. If you like to fight with the staff go there, otherwise find a better hotel. There are plenty hotels to choose from. When I checked out there was no refund for the first night and they tried to let me pay for 2 bottles of water I used from th minibar. It ruined my 2 day holiday completely!
DON'T GO THERE, EVER!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank RobD7
muek, Manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

It is very sorry tro learn that you didn't enjoy stay with us. We havw\e brought your reviews to the minutes's meeting. The defults will have been taken action to ensure that our guests will feel sense of comfy stay.
Thank you/ Jimmy R Customer Relation Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2010

We booked this resort online at the last minute and got it for just over about 1500 baht a night. That, to me, was a good deal. It's by no means the best in the area, but we thought it was good value at that price, which included breakfast.

The breakfast was good, especially having an egg station so you could have your eggs freshly cooked however you wanted them. Nice fresh fruit too.

The place has two pools, which were nice and clean. The location is great, it's just off the main road in Kata and a couple of minutes walk to some great restaurants, bars and markets. A couple more minutes and you arrive at beautiful Kata Beach.

They have an onsite spa but of course it's wildly overpriced compared to the local massage places, so we didn't even bother trying it. There are plenty of great massage and beauty places close by.

They have wireless internet in the rooms but it's not free. Being internet addicts we spent a lot. I think it was around 200 baht for 60 minutes, so not cheap! If you have a laptop you're better off going to one of the local cafes, like the fabulous Italian Job which is right next door, getting a coffee and half an hour or an hour's free internet.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
muek, manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2010

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us.
However, just one thing might be misunderstood by you; internet 200 THB for 200 minutes not that 60 minutes which you mentioned about.

Jimmy /Customer Relation Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2010

We stayed in Serene Resort on our honeymoon in Thailand. The hotel has very good location and really helpful and friendly stuff. Rooms are clean and upfront restaurant is a good choice if you don't want to go to the restaurants on the main street. Breakfast selection might become a little boring in the long run, however, everything is tasty and fresh. Also, we really liked the massage spa in connection to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanlund
muek, manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2010

Thank you very much for your beautiful review. We greatly appreciate it and also are very happy to learn that you had a nice wonderful stay with us.

Hope to welcome you back very soon

Jimmy R/Customer Relation Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2010

The Serene resort is, for the money you pay, an adequate hotel. there is nothing wonderful about it nor is there anything dreadful about it. I would return without a second thought. If you want luxury then you have to pay for it.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
muek, manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review. we promise to provide the best service as we could to you all

Jimmy ,customer relation manager

Reviewed 9 March 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend in March 2009. The hotel is very pituresque with a great pool area. The locations of the hotel is great restuarants/bars and beach are all within 5 minutes walk. The rooms are a good size ,comfortable and basic.
Whilst staying here my girlfriend had her 25th birthdasy i asked the reception if they could arrange a delivery of flowers which they did with no problems and also left a suprise birthday cake in our room, Which i took credit for!! We didn't eat at the restuarant due to the vast choice nearby, (try the 2 chefs-amazing)
Would definately stay here again. We paid around £30 per night.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sykesy1
muek, manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2010

Thank you for your review. We fully hope to welcome you back very soon

Jimmy R
Customer Relation Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2010

I stayed here for just 3 nights, before meeting a friend elsewhere in Thaliand. I paid just under £30 per night via agoda.com (without breakfast, so can't comment on that). I have stayed in everything from really cheap hostels to 5 star hotels, and I thought that comparatively, for the price, this hotel was really good value. Having read some of the reviews here I was a bit worried I'd get stuck in a room with no window(!) but it was comfortable, spacious, clean and quiet - not luxury, but perfectly good. The pool area wasn't too busy (Could always get a sunbed there), it was 5 mins from the beach, and just up the hill from the main shopping streets etc, and I had a massage in the spa at the hotel, which seemed cheaper than others I could see advertised in the town. Nice and helpful service too - though their cab services for long distance journeys were more expensive than I could find elsewhere. If you just want to crash out for a few days on a budget, like I did, then it was fine.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
muek, manager at Chanalai Flora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2010

Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is meaningful to us. I am very happy to learn that you holiday with us was wonderful. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the near future

Jimmy R