I was having my doubts about the driver being there to pick us up since I had forgotten to re-establish comms with Mom Tri's, prior to us flying, to ensure they'd still have a driver for us at the airport. Well, they did. Absolutely no issue there. Taxi ride is kinda trippy and at first you're thinking where are we going? Pull up to the front, they grab your bags and you're treated with a cool towel and refreshment to relax a bit. Checking in was quick, and they guide you to your room while describing and pointing the layout of the premise. The beach wing suite first impression is great. Clean, smells good, room is already cool, no sand on the floor, etc. The bed is a true california king, and comfy. Everything is as you'd expect and/or have read about from other reviews. The view is what takes you first. Detail detail detail. Mom Tri's Villa Royale does pay attention to detail. For example, one of my pet peeve's is getting out of the shower with the bottoms of my feet still slightly wet, but stepping on a dirty floor with bits/crumbs of sand, dirt, hair, or whatever which makes the bottom of my foot feel "crumby", so to speak. Any way, the amount of time we spent at the beach and the sand we brought in, after every turn-down service they did a great job to the smallest speck of sand in the farthest corner of the room...literally.
Staff keeping your mini-fridge stocked with water was a non-issue. Able to smoke on balcony; ashtray was always empty upon returning after turn down. Staff always had a nice GENUINE smile, warm welcomed and would stop what they were doing to acknowledge you and to let you pass by...not those fake smiles that is all too frequently displayed on the faces of hospitality business employees nowadays.
Pools, great. Pool bar, even better. However, I couldn't imagine how'd it be during the high season, but don't expect anything but the 1st drink to come to you...you have to go get it. You know, for the fast sippers who's average turnaround time for a drink is 15min or less. Well after you order the 1st one, they'll bring it to you, but just don't expect someone to come by and ask if you'd like another. So either order two at a time, or anticipate putting a groove into the ground's path from you to the bar. If you drink. Like a fish. Or have an excuse to.
Anywho, I'd recommend walking a short distance down the road to stock up on snacks, soda, beer or whatever's your fancy. About 4 times cheaper.
Dinner, was good. Wished you hung out at the cocktail bar for happy hour more often (only 1 night). Don't be shy with taking more than 1 towel with you to the beach. And having seats on the beach is a plus. Again, were there during low season so I could only imagine how crazy it'd be during the high season.
The spa was good too, relaxing, fell asleep. Wife couldn't take full advantage for she's pregnant, so I got to take her 1hr free massage in addition to mine. She got a pedicure, manicure & facial. All in all, great locale, no stress, beach is a 'jump off the balcony' away, same with pools, and everything else is a short walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach