Mom Tri's is a great place to vist for business, pleasure or anything in between. Rooms were large, comfortable and beutifully furnished with Thai/Asian feel. I particularly liked the colours in the Beach Wing rooms, as I enjoy the whole maroon, teak, silk look and feel. I saw a room in the other wing which was more white, bright colours, modern feel but equally beautiful.
As others have noted the staff were warm and acccommodating and went out of their way to ensure that guests enjoyed the stay. We had a dinner one night and imagine my surprise when the whole restaurant staff came to our table to sing Happy Birthday to me and present me with a cake! It was in fact my birthday the week before the stay.
The Mom Tri's kitchen has had mixed reviews. I had the set meal there one night which was excellent and not too bad value for several courses at about 900 Baht. Breakfast were excellent with a great choice of fruits, freshly squeezed juices, home made cakes etc
The gardens were beautiful and very peaceful. I believe this used to be a private home. The library has a photograph of the man who helped the original owner lay out the gardens and had written several books on Thailand. It is true that the hotel has more of a feel of someones home than of a hotel.
My one and only gripe was Kata Noi beach itself and there is little the hotel can do. Although the beach was pretty the water was absolutely filthy. Full of debris, floating plastic bags and who knows what else. i went in once and then stuck to the swimming pool. Its a shame because the se would be really nice if it was cleaner.
One day I would certainly love to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach