We came to Mom Tri's for the first time, eager for a relaxing weekend after a busy three weeks of work in Singapore.
We arrived late at night, travel-weary and ready to relax. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcomed. The staff are gracious, warm, and friendly. And there is a quiet elegance and charm throughout the property.
When we arrived, they offered us cool eucalyptus-scented towels to freshen us. Check-in took only minutes, and we were shown to our room. Ours was #40, with a spacious king bed, and a beautiful balcony overlooking the sea. The room was adorned with fragrant flowers. There was a bottle of wine, and a simple snack set up for us.
Breakfast in Mom Tri's kitchen offered wonderful fresh fruit, eggs cooked to order, homemade breads, sausages, bacon, pancakes, and cereals. Plus, delicately sweet smoked salmon, and broiled tomatoes lightly herbed (my favorites every morning).
The first day was rainy, so we sat on our balcony and read. Is there a pleasure greater than sitting with the person you love, and a good book on a warm rainy day?
The rain let up by evening, and we had cocktails at the seaside lounge. There was an excellent bass, guitar, and tenor sax trio playing jazz standards flawlessly. They played softly enough that we could hear the waves against the beach.
We lingered during a dinner of fresh fish and crisp salads. A warm breeze drifting through open windows.
The second day was bright and sunny. Perfect breakfast again, and a walk into town for a few gifts. Then we headed to the beach. Kata Noi beach is open and uncrowded. The sea was quite warm, but still refreshing.
We'll definitely come back to Mom Tri's on our next trip to Asia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach